Purple Prose

Aesthetically adorablely beautifully brilliantly characteristically curiously dirtily damningly energetically eagerly flauntingly flowery genuinely genially hopefully hauntingly ignominiously ickily jauntily junkily kleptomanically knowledgeably laughingly lovingly Lula

meets

Mysteriously masterfully naively nefariously ostentatiously odiously paternally politely quietly quickly respectfully randomly selectively seductively thoroughly tremblingly undyingly undressingly viriley violently wretchedly wealthily xenophobically xeriscapedly yearningly yuckily zealously zanily Zach.

Makes one wonder what their offspring will be like.

13 thoughts on “Purple Prose

1. whenmarsmetsaturn June 16, 2018 / 9:15 am

Purple Mary Sues no doubt, bleeding ichor and sunshine 🙂

• whenmarsmetsaturn June 16, 2018 / 9:40 am

Well, as long as they dot their ‘i’s, cross their ‘t’s and don’t forget their umlauts.

• Chelsea Owens June 16, 2018 / 1:25 pm

I admit to plenty of ignorant purple prose in the past, but at least I remembered the umlauts. 🙂

2. Bladud Fleas June 16, 2018 / 9:48 am

xenophobically xeriscapedly – he doesn’t agree with foreigners watering their gardens? That’s something to put on a dating profile. 😀

3. therealmomblogblog June 18, 2018 / 6:51 am

That was a fun read! We are all so much more than the single adjective used to describe us in a given situation, and so often it is many of those background adjectives that help make our decisions.

4. Nitin June 22, 2018 / 1:11 am

I enjoyed this Chelsea. I wish I could come up with a clever response but I’m very dry now. But I thought the piece was brilliant.