Pity Party of One, Please

Some days even an entire bar of Symphony chocolate doesn’t help.

Not for lack of trying, mind you.

I ate the first row to move past the constant pain in my lower gluteus region. The second went toward a HAZMAT-type situation regarding dirty dishes. The third disappeared sometime between telling children to sit back down at dinner and get back in the shower; you’re still soapy. I removed the fourth row of toffee-filled delight from the wrapper when the husband and I had a loud ‘discussion’ just before bed.

Problem is, I just found out that I wasn’t a finalist in a writing competition. I’d allowed myself to think I had a chance.

And there’s no fifth row of chocolate.

chocolate-bar-1200317_1920

21 thoughts on “Pity Party of One, Please

1. GriffithsKL October 2, 2018 / 4:09 am

I’ve been there. Keep at it. It’s the ones we think we have in the bag that are the hardest.

2. masercot October 2, 2018 / 5:59 am

There’s no fifth row on THAT bar. It’s on the next one…

3. Bruce Goodman October 2, 2018 / 12:45 pm

Oh I had that competition rejection just last week – and no chocolate, so I baked a dozen blueberry muffins and ate 11 of them!

4. Lisa J October 2, 2018 / 1:06 pm

Chocolate is my therapy too, especially sprinkled on top a big bowl of ice cream 😊 I know the feeling with the contests but consider it a challenge and just keep writing!!

• Chelsea Owens October 2, 2018 / 1:08 pm

Thank you!
      Ice cream is also very tasty; I’ll hit that up after next contest. 😋

5. mymindlessdrivel October 2, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Well, you know, Halloween candy is now available…and who doesn’t eat a bag or two before they actually get the ones meant for the kids, right? Of course, that doesn’t help the immediate problem. When it rains, it pours, doesn’t it. Sending you a virtual slug of chocolate topping for the ice cream.

• Chelsea Owens October 2, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Ooh -yes! Halloween!
      Thank you so much for the virtual chocolate. I’m sure it has fewer calories than my physical choices. 🙂