The Most Sleep-Deprived Time of the Year

My apologies. I just realized that I announced the ending and the winners of The Terrible Weekly Poetry Contest a day early.

The reason is that I thought today was Friday. I’m not sure which Friday because I am so exhausted lately it ought to be illegal for me to even run a washing machine.

…I tried.

Anyway; again, my apologies. No one pointed the mistake out, though, so maybe I’m not the only writer needing a long winter’s nap.

This all ties into something I meant to mention at my weekly wrap-up on Wednesday, which is that I will not be writing a Wilhelmina Winters nor Skinwalkers story next week. I will post the next Skinwalkers tomorrow, and keep the other days for whatever strikes my fancy.

I hope you all have a merry Christmas, especially if you do not read another message from me till after it’s all unwrapped and done.

27 thoughts on “The Most Sleep-Deprived Time of the Year

1. Bruce Goodman December 21, 2018 / 2:05 am

It’s almost (2 hours away) Saturday where I live – so I didn’t notice that Friday wasn’t there in your neck of the woods. If you’d like to know the lottery numbers in advance I can tell you, provided I get 50%. Have a wonderful Christmas & New Year, Chelsea & family.

• Chelsea Owens December 21, 2018 / 8:06 am

Ha, Bruce! You’ve the wrong day, too, if you think it’s already Saturday. I’ll take you up on lottery numbers any day, except I think the ones running the contest might be onto that trick. 🙂

• Chelsea Owens December 21, 2018 / 8:04 am

Oh, good! 😀 Thank you, Molly!

You’re still the winner; I won’t retract that!!

2. bereavedandbeingasingleparent December 21, 2018 / 4:57 am

I’m in your time warp as well. Somehow lost a day. Only realised it wasn’t Saturday when Fridays refuge collection arrived without my bin being ready for them. How much more waste can I squeeze in before it explodes. Happy Christmas to you.

• Chelsea Owens December 21, 2018 / 8:03 am

Oh, no! We’ve done that twice now, and had to store some of the garbage in the garage. It quite literally stinks when I get into my car… :/

• bereavedandbeingasingleparent December 21, 2018 / 10:45 am

Unfortunately the days of fitting the car into the garage have gone. Too much junk stored. Unfortunately the car is now parked under the daily flight path of pigeons.

3. TanGental December 21, 2018 / 5:22 am

A little something for your terrible Xmas verse, to the tune of While Shepherds watched…

Will Shepherd wore
    his crocs and tights
    Which cost him just a pound
    Until Ben, the transphobic elf
Said ‘word has got around.’

‘We think you’re weird,’
    He said aloud,
‘To dress up like a girl.’
‘Ha, this?’ said Will, with half a shrug,
    And a cheesy little twirl.

Will Shepherd added
    Silver wings
    And sparkles to each cheek,
    ‘I’m now a Christmas angel, see
    With gifts for mild and meek.’

Ben shook his head
    And frowned a lot,
    ‘What do you think you’re at?
    ‘It takes a girl to wear the wings
    And the bloke to wear the hat.’

‘Oh Ben, Dear chum,
    You’ve got it wrong,
    In this more liberal age.
    A bloke can be a fairy too
    And girls can be the mag(i).’

‘Well I ain’t pleased,’
    Said Ben again
    ‘Even if Superman’s pants are
    On the outside. See at least
    A bloke will always be our Santa.’

‘Well that is true,’
    Agreed young Will,
    ‘For girls are ever a’feared
    To find that though they’re equal now
    It’s the boys what grows the beard.’

• Chelsea Owens December 21, 2018 / 10:23 am

No, no. My copycat blog post was going to be MUCH more clever than this.

4. Peregrine Arc December 21, 2018 / 8:57 am

I think I’m in the same boat as you. I keep thinking Christmas is Wednesday this year. I’m just going to depend on my husband getting me to where I need to be this year lol.

• Chelsea Owens December 21, 2018 / 10:24 am

😀 It’s a good thing you don’t have kids who might mind missing Christmas morning.