Good day to you all. This here’s The Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest, tenth edition.
Don’t know what ‘terrible poetry’ means? Read mah handy article, “How To Write Terrible Poetry.”
Here are the rules for this week:
- Topic: Worrisome Noises. They could be anything, from anywhere.
- Keep it reasonable in length. No ballads, please. (That means we don’t want a poem in excess of 200 or 300 words.)
- Should it rhyme? I don’t care. It’s yours to let us read.
- This may be the most important rule: make it terrible.
I want the neighborhood auto mechanic to beg you to bring in a hundred engines with ‘funny noises’ driven by grandmothers who don’t know which body part is aching while their grandchildren drop something in the backseat that makes a suspiciously-messy *sploosh* sound.
- Keep it PG-rated. The grandmas might read it.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (January 25, 2019) to submit a poem.
Post your poem or a link to it in the comments, or fill out the included form. I read them all and judge as impartially and blindly as I may.