I’d Like to Mouse Wheel a Motion

eligo-design-1158958-unsplash

“Now, now, Mrs. Snigglewhiff; that’s hardly mouseylike. Would you please consider using the shavings over-

“MISTER Cheesebiter, if you wouldn’t mind-

“I say; what are you doing at that drink station? Refreshments are for after our-

“What is it, now, Whiskershins? …The Society for Capybara Welfare wishes to be heard? They’ll just have to submit their request in shavings like the rest of us!-

“My word! Will the ringtailed children kindly refrain from using the wheel till after our meeting has adjourned?-”

*SQUEAKHEM*

“I now call to order The Semi-Regular Meeting of Tame Rodentia. First item of business: queuing.”

Moused over for Carrot Ranch‘s writing prompt:

March 7, 2019, prompt: In 99 words (no more, no less) write a story about a mouse. It can be real, imagined, electronic or whiskered. Go where the prompt leads!

Respond by March 12, 2019. Use the comment section below to share, read and be social. You may leave a link, pingback or story in the comments. If you want to be published in the weekly collection, please use the form.  Rules & Guidelines.

Photo Credit:
Eligo Design

30 thoughts on “I’d Like to Mouse Wheel a Motion

• Chelsea Owens March 11, 2019 / 7:13 am

“You’d have to credit a few of our ancestors for that, madame.” 🐁

• Chelsea Owens March 11, 2019 / 7:15 am

*sniffs* “A valid point; indeed, sir. I hope this note is not an insinuation that such behaviour was observed in any present!” 🐁

• Chelsea Owens March 11, 2019 / 7:17 am

“The rats,” *SQUEAKHEM* “Hold their OWN counsel…” *mumbles* “..too good for ‘smaller models,’ indeed!..” 🐁

1. Peregrine Arc March 11, 2019 / 10:28 am

R-e-s-c-u-e, rescue aid society. Heads held high, touch the sky, you mean everything to me…

This reminded me so much of Disney’s The Rescuers. ☺️

• Chelsea Owens March 11, 2019 / 10:51 am

“I can see the relation, Miss -what was it?- Arc. However, WE of the Tame Rodentia do not behave as unseemly as those on the Disney payroll. Can you imagine? Sewing dresses, out-boating crocodiles, and turning into horses? My whiskered grandmother would turn in her shoebox at the very idea!”

• Peregrine Arc March 11, 2019 / 1:13 pm

“My dear, I completely understand. Not all of us have the exceptional benefit package offered by Disney. We simply can’t afford to stake our health and reputations on such dangerous outings. My tail curls at the thought.”

• Chelsea Owens March 11, 2019 / 10:51 am

“Why, thank you. Would this mean an extra bit of that cheese you are holding? …Ever so kind.”

2. Charli Mills March 13, 2019 / 7:34 pm

Ha, ha! I think the mice dashed my early visions of democratic process with a dose of squeaky reality. I’m going to go play on the wheel now. 😉