Welcome to The Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest, celebrating nineteen weeks of unruly writing behavior. It’s also my birthday; which, as an adult and a mom, means…
If you’re new, confused, and/or need directions; read my how-to about terrible poetry. Writing terribly is more of an art form than one might think, and the poets of every week prove that.
Play along! It’s fun! Here are this iteration’s rules:
- Our Topic is Unrequited Love. It’s those times when that Special Someone has someone on her mind besides you…
- Since we’re talking love, keep the poem’s Length to a Hallmark card message or so.
- Should you Rhyme? YES, this time.
- The Terribleness is most important. The object of your affections must sit up and pay attention to your heartfelt soliloquy, only to beg that she really, really needs to powder her nose for the next …lifetime.
- We want your love to run for the hills, but not because of profanity. Keep things PG or classier.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (March 29) to submit a poem.
If you are shy, use the form. Leave me a comment saying that you did as well, just to be certain. Then I will be able to tell you whether I received it.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.