Play the fanfare, crack out the snacks, and do your favorite dance! It’s time for the THIRTIETH Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest!!
Thank you to so many who’ve been here for all or most of those weeks and to the many other willing participants who’ve joined since! If you are a newbie, I recommend reading my brief how-to about terrible poetry. After that, I recommend writing an entry after a really late night or three, and a severe headache.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- The Topic is a repeated number. Pick a number, any number, and use it a lot throughout your poem.
Besides children singing pop songs, I loathe when I have to sit through everyone using the same prompt word for 500 entries. So, irritate me.
- Keep the Length shorter than 150 words, so I don’t jump out any windows.
- Please Rhyme in terribly, horribly, no-good, very bad ways.
- If you can’t tell already, make it terrible. I want crazy people to look at you in fear and for the survivors of Lost to beg you not to repeat that same number again…
- Keep things PG or cleaner; there’s no need for crude numerals.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (June 21) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
For a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.