Happy Second Blogiversary!

I’d like to interrupt everyone’s regularly-scheduled program to acknowledge my blog’s second birthday. It’s growing up so fast!

2 Years Blogging

Two years ago; I timidly typed, edited, edited, edited, edited, and edited my first blog post. The idea behind it came from a dream. I stressed so much about what people would think and how many awards I would garner from its publication…

I also set a goal to publish a blog post every day. To get myself going, I re-posted thoughts and stories I’d originally written for Facebook.

After a few months, I broke out and started swimming on my own. Everything I type is original and formed solely for the blog these days. If not, I note otherwise.

I’d like to thank Charli of Carrot Ranch, Geoff of TanGental, James of The Bipolar Writer Collaborative Mental Health Blog, Stephen and Fionnuala of Fractured Faith Blog, Nitin of Fighting the Dying Light, P’Arc of Peregrine Arc, and Frank of Frank Prem Poetry for giving me opportunities to share my writings to their sites. You helped me feel my creations might be valuable.

I would also be remiss in not acknowledging all of the friends and fellow writers I have made since beginning. You know who you are, especially since I know I’d miss specifically naming a few due to Pregnancy Brain. Thank you for e-mails, complimentary messages, sarcastic comments, and camaraderie.

And (unless I forgot anyone else), thank you to my real-life friends who actually read what I write and don’t shun me publicly. You’re the best.

54 thoughts on “Happy Second Blogiversary!

1. Norah June 23, 2019 / 12:10 am

Congratulations, Chelsea. What an awesome milestone.

• Norah June 23, 2019 / 3:20 am

We each have our own journey. No need for catching up. You’re probably outstripping. I certainly don’t post every day. It has been three a week for me recently. Two was my intention. πŸ™‚

• Chelsea Owens June 23, 2019 / 7:11 am

πŸ™‚ I think each day is a good goal, especially in growing a following and such. These days I’m more realistic.

2. Bruce Goodman June 23, 2019 / 12:56 am

Congratulations Chelsea. I wasn’t going to read this posting, but fully intended to “shun it publicly” – but I’d already finished reading it.
    Gosh! I’ve never got a “Happy Anniversary” message from WP. Well done for your two year stickability!

3. bereavedandbeingasingleparent June 23, 2019 / 1:20 am

Happy anniversary to one of the best sites out there. Your sites set a bar that the likes of mine have something to aim for in terms of quality and fun.

4. masercot June 23, 2019 / 1:29 am

Two years may not seem like much to some people… but to someone who is on fire, it seems like an awful long time.

Congrats, Chelsea…

5. TanGental June 23, 2019 / 2:13 am

Oh you mentioned me! Gosh… of course you should feel good. Yours is a very readable blog. Daring, a bit controversial insightful and funny. Oh and you cite the late great St Douglas as an influence. Of course you are successful.. more power to those tippity tappity fingers…

• Chelsea Owens June 23, 2019 / 3:14 am

Of course I mentioned you! It’s the best way to summon you over. πŸ™‚

And who DOESN’T cite His Lordship, Douglas Adams? We must enlighten the poor fool at once.

Thanks for the somewhat excessive praise, and for reading. πŸ™‚

6. Bladud Fleas June 23, 2019 / 2:52 am

Well done, Chelsea. Now you’re into the β€œTerrible Twos”. πŸ˜€

7. magicquill17 June 23, 2019 / 10:13 am

Congratulations, Chelsea! It’s been a pleasure knowing you and reading your writing, always peppered with a dose of humour and sarcasm. Here’s to many more milestones πŸ₯‚

8. nakedinfiniverse June 23, 2019 / 2:07 pm

You’ve got real, genuine flesh-and-blood friends? Wow! What’s it like? I didn’t know real humans mixed with us cyber-flies πŸ™‚
    Let me be the first to congratulate you on your 3rd blogiversary (thinks: I hope Chelsea didn’t notice I missed her 2nd one by a day) πŸ™‚

• Chelsea Owens June 23, 2019 / 3:27 pm

Don’t worry; I’m fairly certain only two people who know me also read The Blog. One of them might be my mother…

Thanks, from The Future!

9. Mackenzie June 28, 2019 / 11:35 pm

Happy blogiversary Chelsea!! I love following along & am so inspired by your writing!