Hello poets, and welcome to the 31st Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest!
Read the basic how-to about what we do around here if you’re confused. If you don’t want to click a link and read an outline, that’s cool. You can also stay up all night and write whatever comes out before drinking coffee.
Besides that, here are the specifics for this week:
- Just to be inclusive, the Topic is small rodents’ opinions on political policies.
I am a moderate and do not approve of anyone shaming, judging, hating, or blaming others for their views; but the politicians themselves are free game.
- Don’t filibuster for too long. Keep the Length to 200 words or fewer.
- Rhyme if it makes your constituents happy. Or, just promise to.
- Most importantly: Make it terrible. In fact, make “Make it terrible” your slogan. Slap “Make it terrible” stickers on babies and kiss their sweet mothers for the camera.
- I realize this sort of thing can raise some blood pressures, so keep your poem PG or cleaner. After all, in rodent politics they don’t actually want fur to fly.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (June 28) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
For a more social experience that’s high in vitamins and minerals*, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.
*The Terrible Poetry Contest is not actually high in vitamins and minerals.