Another Pregnancy Announcement

I’m about 16 weeks along in my pregnancy. As such, the doctor offered a quick ultrasound peek to see whether a couple of dresses or a few more black eyes were in our future.

Welp:

It’s a boy! Our new baby shower balloon hoops! Place on the cake table, next to the presents or use as a photo prop! …

It’s another boy. Number five. If half our kids had a higher potential height, we’d have a basketball team.

So far, they seem bent on Lord of the Flies mixed with Hunger Games -but- that’s childhood, right?

I’m up and past bleeding but still have “morning” sickness all day, every day. The baby’s heart rate and measurements look great every time. For now, we’re expecting him to be surgically removed from my abdominal cavity near the start of December.

44 thoughts on “Another Pregnancy Announcement

1. RuthScribbles July 11, 2019 / 10:38 pm

I’m glad baby is healthy and you can get up and around, but dang…. so sorry about nausea!! 😢

• Chelsea Owens July 11, 2019 / 11:40 pm

Thanks! I guess I’ll count my blessings, and keep holding out for the day I won’t feel sick.

• Peregrine Arc July 12, 2019 / 10:53 am

Fingers crossed and pass the pickles. The pickles are for me, don’t hog. 😉

Hope the nausea slows down soon. I really feel men should go through nine months of this via VR.

• Chelsea Owens July 12, 2019 / 10:54 am

Every monthly cycle and every pregnancy I tell my husband that next time’s his turn. 🙂
          Pickles are tasty even when I’m not pregnant.

2. Bruce Goodman July 12, 2019 / 12:12 am

Congrats to the lucky boy! Of course it would’ve been congrats to the lucky girl if that’s the way it went! My g-grandmother had eleven boys in a row before having a girl – so keep at it!!

• Chelsea Owens July 12, 2019 / 7:27 am

😀 No thank you, Bruce! Your g-grandma was obviously an amazing woman!

3. TanGental July 12, 2019 / 1:30 am

Well Chelsea i can only say i have the deepest admiration for anyone going through what you are. I wish you the very best. And to think it won’t be long before your tribe learn to stop fighting each other and model themselves on the Goodfellas and gang up on you!!

• Chelsea Owens July 12, 2019 / 7:28 am

My oldest could definitely run a family business. 🔫

4. masercot July 12, 2019 / 2:50 am

That’s a LOT of boys. How do you find time to write?

5. H.R.R. Gorman July 12, 2019 / 4:39 am

Hopefully this kid will bring you blessings and joy and less nausea after birth!

6. Lesleykluchin July 12, 2019 / 6:25 am

Congratulations! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and that your nausea subsides and you are feel well. Little boys are the best! But, Watch, you’ll get all girls when these guys make you a grandma! Lol Take good care if yourself. Sending lots of hugs and good wishes. Xo

• Chelsea Owens July 12, 2019 / 8:00 am

❤ Thank you, Lesley. I’m hoping for at least a few daughters-in-law and some granddaughters. Even if I don’t, What I have is also fun. Messy, physical; but fun. 😉

• Lesleykluchin July 12, 2019 / 8:06 am

Yes. All lovable! May this one be healthy and happy. Messy comes with the territory I’m afraid. Lol😘

7. Benjamin Woolridge July 12, 2019 / 7:03 am

Congrats!

8. gregoryjoel July 12, 2019 / 8:39 am

Congratulations Chelsea! Have they given a date in December? My youngest son was a Christmas baby. He was born during a 100 year blizzard that shut Denver, CO down! Maybe that’s why he’s been stormy ever since…

• Chelsea Owens July 12, 2019 / 9:46 am

I have a due date, yes; but I always do a scheduled C-Section. I may be cut open on Black Friday. 🙂

9. Revenge of Eve July 12, 2019 / 10:53 pm

Oh wow!!! I’m afraid I couldn’t do it.

Many congrats. I wish it were bows instead of bruises so you could exerience being a girl-mom.

• Chelsea Owens July 13, 2019 / 10:15 am

Maybe I’ll get a granddaughter or two. 🙂

• Chelsea Owens July 14, 2019 / 12:49 am

😀 No! I think I’ll leave that up to the poor daughters-in-law!! 😀

10. Norah July 13, 2019 / 5:23 am

I’m pleased all is going well with Bub. I hope your nausea passes soon.

• Chelsea Owens July 14, 2019 / 7:59 am

We’ve been asked a few times if we both came from families of boys. It’s just come out this way! 🙂

11. mksangcap August 21, 2019 / 11:29 am

Congratulations on having a baby! They say when a child is born, the Earth is renewed with new hope. Thank you for making this world a better place as you bring an angel to this world! 🙂 Pregnancy is indeed a wonderful journey but also difficult at times. That’s why I created this article on my blog about some words of advice that strengthened me during my own pregnancy. Sharing this to you and hope it can strengthen you to! ❤

• Chelsea Owens August 21, 2019 / 1:52 pm

Thanks for the congratulations. 🙂 I’ve a mom blog, too; mothering can be a stressful time and we can all use encouragement.

Comments are closed.