Good morning, afternoon, evening, and midnight snack time! It’s time for Terrible Poetry Contest #39.
What the heck is ‘terrible poetry?’ Read our obligatory recommendations and health risks here. The Terrible Poetry Contest and Chelsea Owens will not be held accountable for any writers’ or readers’ desires to gnaw their own legs off after reading.
Interested? Here are this week’s specifics:
- The Topic is vacations. Were you in paradise, the envy of all your online ‘friends?’ Did you finally cross off your bucket list trip to sleep atop the grave of Edgar Allen Poe? Or, was your experience a little less than ideal?
- As may be expected, this means the Length is postcard parameters. Write your poem home to your parents, to your grandparents, or your pen pal you want to impress.
- Rhyme if it works, or if it doesn’t. The choice is yours.
- Make it terrible!! Don’t make me sic the camp counselors on you, right after unleashing beach sharks to photo bomb your Leaning Tower of Pisa pic.
- Vacations aren’t risqué. This rating can stay PG or cleaner.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (August 23) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
For a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.