Welcome to the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest #41!!
For some guidance, click a basic description here. Entrants assume all risks associated with poeming, reading, and laughing painfully.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- Topic, topic; who’s got a topic? Ooh! I do; I do!
It’s Back to School!
Thank you, Timmy. Now, next time let’s remember to raise our hands.
- No teacher actually reads those 500-word essays, so keep the Length above 4 words and below 200. For those in the advanced math group, that’s 4<p<200, where p is poem and 4 is 4 and 200 is 200.
- Teacher, should we Rhyme? If you wish, this occasion.
- Just Make it terrible! The superintendent of all the area schools must feel compelled to visit and deliver a lecture on “Why One Never Poems Without Reason,” followed by a light refreshment of watered-down punch.
- Naturally, this assignment must be rated appropriate for general audiences.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 6) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to remain anonymous for a week.
For a more social experience and immediate fame, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.
Share with your friends (and enemies).