Good day or night to you all. It’s time for the 43rd weekly Terrible Poetry Contest!
Writing cliché, mis-metered verse can be tricky; only those stuck in bad, beginner habits can truly pull it off. For a bit of guidance, read my basic outline. Ready? Excellent. Let’s begin.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- The Topic is free-versing about secondhand sales. Ever been to a yard sale? Garage sale? Flea market? Write about it; flow about it.
- Looking for a certain Length? Let’s go with fewer than 150 words. Final offer.
- Rhyming is not allowed. This is free verse poetry, people. Curb your instincts.
- Above all, make it terrible. e.e. cummings must feel such a shock from your literary efforts that he vows to capitalize his name just to make you stop.
- Let’s keep the rating PG or cleaner. What sort of flea market are you going to, anyway?
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 20) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.