Welcome to the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest #44!
Not sure about churning out something poetic and terrible? Read my basic outline here. Enter at your own risk.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- It’s time for another Acrostic Poem. Let’s pick a Topic of Celebrities.
An acrostic is simple; write a word (say, like the celebrity’s name or favorite habit) down the left side, and then do a haphazard job of filling in with your poem.
- Length should be dependent on the word you pick, and how verbose you feel at each letter.
- Rhyme if you wish. Don’t if you wish.
- Make it terrible!! Make our eyes beg our brain to stop reading, just stop. Please; they would rather read grocery tabloids than whatever you just churned out.
- Celebrities and their choices can get a bit racy, so we’ll up the Rating to PG-13.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 27) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments.
Photo credit: Ahmet Yalçınkaya
Also, if anyone wishes to select a topic or be a judge for a week, I’m open to consider either.