Hello, unsuspecting readers. Come! Come in! Welcome to the 46th Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest.
Ancient texts on bad poetry may be found in multiple tomes; including this one, here. Do not mind the bloodstains. Yes, that may be brain matter -but, most likely not human. Simply open the text and prepare your mind against what will arise from within.
- Our Theme, lucky mortals, is a poem of haunting. Specifically, write a recipe for a spell or brew.
- The Length depends on ingredients necessary and the language of your incantations (or, those of your Master).
- Some -say, of the Macbeth camp- choose to Rhyme their works. Although it may lend power to your process, ’tis fully voluntary to do so.
- In case you have not heard, Make it terrible! The ghouls, demons, and even imps of The Underworld (AKA Wal-mart) will appear from the depths of their hiding places (AKA the clearance racks) to moan and despair for the future of your poetic writing.
- The Rating may be PG-13 or cleaner.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (October 11) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to hide your identity for a week.
For instant fame amongst Earthly inhabitants, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Do not depend on WordPress’ pingbacks alone, truly a work of those same Wal-mart imps we wish to avoid.
May arcane inspiration bear you to greater depths of atrocity.