Guess What? I’m a Mommy …Again

I did it! Well -the doctors did. Yesterday, around 13:44, the obstetrics surgical team extracted my fifth boy.

He weighed 6 lbs 4 oz (rounded up) and measured 19 inches long.

I’m not allowed to go into labor, so we scheduled the operation at 37 weeks. All in all, this has been the best C-Section recovery I’ve had. I can only attribute that to the skill of the team, the healthiness of my body, and to the many prayers I know people offered on our behalf.

Because of privacy reasons, I dislike posting pictures online. Since I know he’ll change rapidly and you’re all DYING to see, however, here are two I took this morning:

Baby Five Top (2).jpg
“Hello. The world is bright and cold. I’m not certain I like it yet.”
Baby Five Full Body (2)
A pen, for comparison.

We haven’t agreed on a name yet, but I keep that information private as well. πŸ™‚

Β©2019 Chelsea Owens

86 thoughts on “Guess What? I’m a Mommy …Again

1. LA December 3, 2019 / 3:14 pm

πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—congrats!

2. Bruce December 3, 2019 / 3:25 pm

Marvelous! And a rose is a rose by any other name…

• Bruce December 3, 2019 / 11:27 pm

LOL! As long as it’s not Marmaduke. My favorite current name is Chadwick! But Jack would do!!!!

• Chelsea Owens December 4, 2019 / 1:47 pm

We’ve considered Jonathan. Frankly, there’s a list and we still can’t agree.

3. Benjamin Woolridge December 3, 2019 / 4:21 pm

Congrats!

4. Lesleykluchin December 3, 2019 / 4:28 pm

He is absolutely perfect! Congratulations! I’m so happy you posted these pictures. Just seeing that little fellow brought an ear to ear smile. I’m glad this was an easier CSection for you and I hope that you continue to heal quickly.
    Blessings like this little darling is what’s really important in life. Rest up and snuggle with your new beautiful boy. What a cutie he is! ❀️❀️❀️

• Chelsea Owens December 3, 2019 / 4:44 pm

Thanks so much Lesley! I’m glad I brought you a smile. I’m resting a lot!

5. Sarah Brentyn December 3, 2019 / 5:52 pm

Congratulations! πŸ’ž He’s beautiful. Take care of yourself, too. (Though, after four others, I’m sure you know the drill.) πŸ˜‰

6. H.R.R. Gorman December 3, 2019 / 6:19 pm

Congrats! One of my specialties is listing off terrible names, so I would suggest staying away from “Bushrod,” which was popular in America at the end of the 18th century.

7. gregoryjoel December 3, 2019 / 6:41 pm

What a gift! Congratulations and thank you for brightening my day. What a beautiful boy (I’m allowed to say that, right?). I’m glad all went well and blessings to you and your family.

• Chelsea Owens December 3, 2019 / 8:18 pm

Of course you’re allowed to, though I think he looks like a grumpy old man. πŸ™‚

8. mymindlessdrivel December 3, 2019 / 7:01 pm

What a cutie! Glad to hear Mom is doing well. Pshaw! You did most of the work with this kid, even if you gave others a chance to help out at the end!

• Chelsea Owens December 3, 2019 / 8:23 pm

πŸ™‚ That’s what my husband said when I laughed and said i was lying around.

9. petespringerauthor December 3, 2019 / 8:51 pm

Fantastic! Congratulations to you and your husband. You deserve some kind of award, Chelsea. Blogging in the morning, heading to the hospital for a C-section, and then blogging the same evening. I about fell over when I saw you were writing last night. You are Superwoman!😎

• Chelsea Owens December 3, 2019 / 9:54 pm

πŸ˜€ Or I find sleep difficult after surgery. Thanks, Pete!

10. Pam Webb December 3, 2019 / 10:13 pm

So Chelsea, consider four more to get your baseball team β€”*bad joke* Hearty Congratulations πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

• Chelsea Owens December 4, 2019 / 1:47 pm

Yes, bad joke. πŸ™‚ People have said we have a basketball team going -if only height played into the genes, we could.

• Chelsea Owens December 4, 2019 / 1:47 pm

Thanks, Charles! Was it worth all the pregnancy posts?

11. Roselyn December 4, 2019 / 3:48 am

Congratulations!! I am 32 weeks pregnant now with baby no. 3 and likely to be my last and may be scheduled for c-section at 37 weeks as well. Wish me luck!

• Chelsea Owens December 4, 2019 / 1:48 pm

From the bed of one recovering, you may have every, single wish I can send! πŸ™‚

12. Jules December 4, 2019 / 7:51 am

Best to you and your family!!
    Looks like a serious lad – maybe he’ll be a writer too!

• Chelsea Owens December 4, 2019 / 1:55 pm

Thank you, Jules! So far, all of my boys get abysmal marks in language arts. πŸ˜€

13. Rethinking Scripture December 4, 2019 / 10:45 am

Congratulations Chelsea.
    The little guy looks as though he didn’t want to be disturbed by the taking of pictures…lol.

14. Heather Dawn December 5, 2019 / 2:02 am

Congratulations!!! 5 boys eh? Well I may be biased, but fives a good number! Thanks for sharing the photos of your precious little guy! Wishing you a smooth recovery and lots of rest!

• Chelsea Owens December 5, 2019 / 6:18 pm

I lack the brain capacity to accomplish anything right now. πŸ˜€ Nor do I ever correct intelligent people’s grammar. πŸ™‚

• Heather Dawn December 5, 2019 / 7:13 pm

Ha! Well I wouldn’t have been upset as you would’ve been right. Hope everything is going well with the addition!

• Chelsea Owens December 6, 2019 / 2:24 pm

Thanks!

(If I did correct you, I’m sorry. I literally read through all the comments in the blurry half-light of the hospital and responded without noticing any such thing.)

15. lensdailydiary December 6, 2019 / 12:29 pm

Congratulations Chelsea. Trust you are in good health. The fun starts now. But you already know that.

16. Michael B. Fishman December 7, 2019 / 2:21 pm

Congratulations, Chelsea and positive thoughts for a speedy recovery. All the best to you and your (now slightly larger) family!

• Michael B. Fishman December 10, 2019 / 3:31 pm

Either one is OK so whichever you prefer. And thank you for asking! I can’t count the number of times I introduce myself to someone as Michael and they immediately call me “Mike”. That’s OK, but it’d be nice if they asked.

• Chelsea Owens December 10, 2019 / 4:35 pm

πŸ˜€ It is strange that I assumed ‘Fishman’ would be preferable over ‘Mike?’

17. D. Wallace Peach December 9, 2019 / 9:02 am

Congrats, Chelsea. Of course, we had to see the new human – the promise of a brighter future. Enjoy your new son as surely he will be changing quickly. Hugs.

18. Norah December 10, 2019 / 3:52 am

Congratulations, Chelsea. I hope you and bub are doing well. Sorry for the late response. I read at the time but couldn’t respond. Best wishes to all the family.

• Chelsea Owens December 10, 2019 / 5:09 am

Hi, Norah! Thank you for the well-wishes.

You’re fine; I’m forcing myself to take a blogging hiatus and just worry about recovery. πŸ™‚

• Norah December 10, 2019 / 10:23 pm

That sounds like a good idea, Chelsea. You need to put you and bub first for a while.