Welcome back! I hope you’ve all used your break in the least productive ways possible and that your poetry will suffer accordingly. This is, after all, the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest #53!
It’s been awhile, so maybe brush up on what’s expected, here. Writing bad poetry is an art, much like crafting mud pies with broken fingers.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- Let’s start off with a fun Topic: commercial jingles. Pick a product and *wow* us with an awful little diddy.
- Most commercials have a short runtime, so keep the Length fairly short as well.
- Do you need to Rhyme? No, but catchy tales bring in more sales.
- Look, chum: just Make it terrible. Make your audience sit up, take notice, and frantically push the Mute button until the horror passes.
- This needs to be appropriate for General Audiences. Write accordingly.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (January 10, 2020) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Please also comment if you linkback but don’t see the notification in the comments within 24 hours.