Hello and welcome to the 54th Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest!
As always, read some brief instructions on bad poetry here. Being terrible can be tricky, or it can be as simple as tripping on a smooth floor.
Here are the specifics for this week:
- The Topic is The Bleak Midwinter. Yes, I know some of you are not experiencing cold weather and do not feel bleak. Maybe come stare out my window for inspiration…
- Try for a Length of a standard 3-75.5 words.
- Rhyming is wholly up to you.
- Make it terrible. I want your poem to force travel agencies to contact your therapist to make appointments for themselves after reading it.
- Keep things PG or cleaner. It’s about the bleak midwinter, for heaven’s sake.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (January 17, 2020) to submit a poem.
Use the form below if you want to be anonymous for a week.
If not, and for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Please also comment if you linkback but don’t see the notification in the comments within 24 hours.