Good day and welcome to the Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest, #56.
Not to leave anyone adrift, click here for a basic how-to on writing terribly. Bad poetry is not for the faint of heart, though it may be for the feint of art.
Here are this week’s specifics:
- The Topic is an epic poem about a great adventure. Laudable deeds and grand gestures will be your comrades-in-arms, even if your adventure proves to go no further than locating a missing sock.
- These sorts can run rather long, so let’s cap the poem at a Length of 200 words. Yes, Fishman, you may write fewer than 200.
- Rhymes are unnecessary, yet contestants will be awarded bonus points for archaic ones.
- Make it terrible, I say! A great shout must be heard from deep within The Woods of Whispering that Princess Sock has been found, and is begging you to stop singing your ballad. Forever.
- If the Rating must, it may rise to PG-13. Remember that insults from these times moste often ran the gamut of brigand or knave.
You have till 8:00 a.m. MST next Friday (January 31, 2020) to submit a poem.
Use the given form, below, to submit your poem in secret.
To declare your efforts to all, respond in the comments. Enquire further if a pingback does not show by the following day.