26 thoughts on “Wanton Winter

Wond’ring
    Whiff’ling
    Writing
    Wistful
    Woeful
    *.Wonton.*

One small change, one big effect.

2. johnlmalone February 9, 2020 / 10:16 am

clever; it’s summer here, the dying days; it’s a good model to work from

• johnlmalone February 9, 2020 / 10:50 pm

which one was it, Chelsea? I’m curious to know

• Chelsea Owens February 10, 2020 / 12:00 am

I am learning the pleasures of sleeping in

Not leaping up at the first bounce of whimsy

Things can wait.

The Mad Hatter will still have his ball.

Blades of grass still grow tall

If I sleep in.

There will always be another train pulling in at the station.

Things will not be rationed any more or less

If I rest.

Wendy will still be in Neverland

& I can still hold your hand a little longer

If I lie in.

Dreams will not evaporate.

Beneficence will flow free.

The fruit still swell from the trees,

The lambs still beat.

If I sleep

in

• johnlmalone February 10, 2020 / 12:05 am

it is rather good, isn’t it? I was too hasty. I should have the courage of my convictions. I may put it up tomorrow 🙂 thanks

• Chelsea Owens February 10, 2020 / 12:13 am

“the courage of my convictions” is a good line for a poem, too!

• johnlmalone February 10, 2020 / 2:22 am

I’ve put it up, Chelsea, with an acknowledgement to you and David R who inspired one of the lines 🙂 the ‘conviction’ poem will come later 🙂