Another Day is Coming

Incredible as it seems, there will be a day ten years from now. There will be one in a year. There will be a next week. There will be tomorrow.

Do not fear the coming trouble. Instead, stand in the light of each new day and greet the rising sun for what it brings: a future of change. Some change is good, some bad. Many are able to embrace it while others brace against it. But; ready or not, change comes.

I’m a brace-against, a pessimist, and a present-tense panicker. Still, I know there will be a ten-years, one-year, one-week, tomorrow. And I also know that -six feet away- I have a community. I’ve seen friends and strangers step up when asked for spare potatoes, dog food, and even toilet paper. They’re here for us if we need anything; and, if any of them ask, I’ll help them as well.

From my corner of the internet to yours, I offer my solidarity and my hope.

cropped-20200318_145232.jpg

(Also posted on my personal Twofacebook page)

Β©2020 Chelsea Owens

49 thoughts on “Another Day is Coming

1. blindzanygirl March 21, 2020 / 4:01 am

God, I wish I felt the same as you Chelsea. This is so good.

• Chelsea Owens March 21, 2020 / 4:15 am

Thank you. I tried to encapsulate how I get through a feeling of crisis.

• blindzanygirl March 21, 2020 / 4:22 am

You did it very well 😊

2. Master of Something Yet March 21, 2020 / 4:34 am

It’s certainly a time to see the true light of people. In all the troubles I’m grateful for the friends who send me what I need. Mostly amusing memes and articles about what a great time this is for introverts. 😁

3. Denny K March 21, 2020 / 4:47 am

Great words of hope, encouragement and truth. I really like the angle of the photos. I don’t see daffodils or jonquils against a blue sky background. Very creative approach that worked well.

• Chelsea Owens March 21, 2020 / 9:03 am

Thank you, Denny! I can’t quite make it work for the header, but I loved that angle as well.

4. Live Today With Faith March 21, 2020 / 5:16 am

Great post. So true. Another day is coming.

There have been times in my past when i’ve been in great anxiety, thinking a certain situation will never get better. Now looking back i cant believe I let certain people and circumstance make me feel that way.

The secret as you have highlighted, is look at them situation that have turn out for the best, and realise that this is just another one of them.

• Chelsea Owens March 29, 2020 / 2:29 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you’ve had experience with that as well.

5. Violet Lentz March 21, 2020 / 5:38 am

I am glad to see you are at least taking the positive into consideration. Having been in Food and Beverage my entire life, I am experiencing some drawbacks, but none I cannot meet head on and overcome with a little degree of difficulty. Now if I could just say the same for my powers of creativity which seem to be generally lacking of late… Oh well.. Lots more time available to ponder writing, even if I can’t seem to get much down on paper….

• Chelsea Owens March 21, 2020 / 9:00 am

I wondered about you and Alaska. I’m sure your amazing powers will soon return!

6. Lisa Bradshaw March 21, 2020 / 7:51 am

lockdown isolation when home alone needs all the solidarity and hope one can get.. πŸ˜‰

7. D. Wallace Peach March 21, 2020 / 3:04 pm

A lovely post, Chelsea. I’m so grateful for all the positive messages on WP. I tend to watch too much news and go into anxiety mode. Yet the goodness of people continues to shine through. ❀

• Chelsea Owens March 21, 2020 / 11:53 pm

❀ Thanks, Diana. I admit to similar practices, yet we need to keep on going in this life.

8. Norah March 22, 2020 / 5:55 am

I accept it and send it back – that’s hope twofold.

9. bookshelfbattle March 22, 2020 / 8:46 am

You know if worse comes to worse I’m looking forward to the apocalypse. Civilization didn’t work out too well for me at all, but I really think I could thrive in a world where people wear leather pants and fight over TP. There’s probably a novel in that.

• Chelsea Owens March 22, 2020 / 11:30 am

πŸ˜€ But what about the toilet gators?

• bookshelfbattle March 22, 2020 / 12:29 pm

Did you see my latest book cover? It’s on the blog now a few posts down.

10. bereavedandbeingasingleparent March 22, 2020 / 4:01 pm

Lovely words. Ask me three years ago and I would have said there is no tomorrow. But since then there have been more than 1000 tomorrows. x

• Chelsea Owens March 22, 2020 / 5:31 pm

I’m always surprised when the world turns.

11. H.R.R. Gorman March 22, 2020 / 7:06 pm

Twofacebook… le sigh… still trying to convince myself that I don’t need it and should delete the whole thing.

12. CarolCooks2 March 23, 2020 / 6:52 pm

Sigh.. Twofacebook made me smile… Very well penned , Chelsea…. Like your thinking… Stay safe and well.. Cocoon your little family and there will be lots of other days and years… Much love and hugs xx

• Chelsea Owens March 24, 2020 / 12:58 am

I’m glad to have made you smile. We’re doing this all for our families’ futures. ❀

• CarolCooks2 March 24, 2020 / 2:22 am

Yes we are..I just feel for front line staff who can’t see their families they deserve a medal or a huge thank you when this is over ❀

13. johnlmalone March 24, 2020 / 9:10 pm

thanks for your positivity, Chelsea; unlike any other crisis, we are all one world, in this fight together πŸ™‚

14. Michael B. Fishman March 26, 2020 / 1:32 pm

Very nice words as well as very comforting. I’m a doom and gloom panicky sort and that’s pretty much what I’ve been spending my time doing these last three weeks after seeing grocery store shelves for the first time after panic buying began. I’ve asked myself why I’m not writing or blogging or creating or somethinging and I don’t have an answer other than I think worry/fear has finally sapped my creativity. That and the shame that goes along with talking about things like being a doom and gloom panicky sort. Anyway, thanks for this post and thank you for having a birthday which inspired me to write something.

• Chelsea Owens March 26, 2020 / 2:05 pm

❀ I’m sure you’re not alone in those feelings, Fishman. I have focused inward as well.

15. Jules March 29, 2020 / 11:55 am

To be there for those in need makes us all unique and capable heroes.
    We only need the smile of that ‘other’ for our heart to grow.
    May we continue in the spirit of lovingkindness to all in need.

Comments are closed.