Politics and Idiots

After composing a beautifully-worded rant against the stupidity of humanity, I decided the world would benefit more from a picture of my baby boy.

20200206_165710

This is from shortly after he began smiling socially -about two months ago, I believe. In all the chaos outside our walls, he is my motivation to stay well and my reminder to be happy with who and what we have in life.

—————-

And here’s my writings from the past week:

Wednesday, April 1: Thought about where things are going in “Let’s Make Some Order in This Chaos.”

Friday, April 3: Winner of the Weekly Terribly Poetry Contest. Congratulations to Writerinretrospect!

Saturday, April 4: Announced the next Weekly Terrible Poetry Contest. The theme is a senryu about a small, innocuous animal. PLEASE ENTER!

And, an update on Coronavirus and life happenings ’round these parts.

Sunday, April 5: “How to Wake a Teenager,” in response to Carrot Ranch’s prompt.

Monday, April 6: An inspirational quote by LA, of “Waking Up on the Wrong Side of 50.”

Tuesday, April 7: “Going Postal, IV.” Poor Ron.

Wednesday, April 8: Today.

I also posted on myΒ motherhood site. I probably ought to log in and check that sometime… Apparently, I wrote “This is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things.”

Β©2020 Chelsea Owens, including photo

64 thoughts on “Politics and Idiots

1. ellenbest24 April 8, 2020 / 8:39 am

That is certainly a lifter of spirits. Congratulations you are catching his contagious smile. X

2. Pam Webb April 8, 2020 / 9:39 am

You need a break, Chelsea. Come on over to my virtual book launch. You don’t even have to get a babysitter!

• Pam Webb April 8, 2020 / 11:01 am

At my WordPress condo–just open up the new post. And pants are optional, unless you are thinking of going fresco, which would get you stopped at the door.

3. TanGental April 8, 2020 / 9:40 am

How old will he be before he can actually say ‘Hot damn, moma,’ cos he looks like he’s thinking it. Love the little punch too

4. robertawrites235681907 April 8, 2020 / 10:40 am

He really is a gorgeous boy, Chelsea. I loved having babies. If I hadn’t had to work full time, I would have had another.

• Chelsea Owens April 8, 2020 / 11:29 am

Oh, good. Hopefully, its being pirated by internet sharks won’t adversely affect his future. πŸ˜‰

5. Heather Dawn April 8, 2020 / 12:40 pm

Thanks for sharing! What a beautiful picture of what humanity should be πŸ’—

6. Michael A. Kuch April 8, 2020 / 1:20 pm

Yes, baby photos bring joy. He’s a cutie. My boys are 22 and 19; no longer babies but big bundles of joy everyday.

7. mymindlessdrivel April 8, 2020 / 4:52 pm

Completely oblivious to the turmoil in the world! Thanks for sharing. A very good reason to stay healthy and safe.

8. johnlmalone April 8, 2020 / 8:16 pm

what a gorgeous smile πŸ™‚ congratulations on being a mum; I’m sure you’re a super mum πŸ™‚

9. petespringerauthor April 8, 2020 / 9:09 pm

That’s the best reason I’ve seen yet to stay healthy.

10. CarolCooks2 April 9, 2020 / 2:33 am

Awwww his smile made my day… what an adorable little chap…I love this stage I would look after a baby any day …Be well and stay safe πŸ™‚ xx

11. BlackSheep April 9, 2020 / 6:36 am

Cute kid, but I really wanted to hear that rant!

12. Jules April 10, 2020 / 1:47 pm

Eagerly awaiting the time I can hug my grands again…
    Lovely smile. A light in my day for sure!