One of Those Boring Blog Update Things

Hey, everyone!

I’ve been having a great holiday, only worrying about considering the possibility of thinking I ought to plan on pondering the idea of envisioning a speculative schedule involving writing on the blog(s).

I promised this was a boring update, so here are the specifics:

1. WordPress’ editor still sucks.
  2. I sold my arm and part of a leg for a new cell phone and can therefore read (and comment on!) people’s posts again. The new phone ought to streamline that process going forward, instead of gunking it up to a hopeless quagmire like it did in the past.
  3. I’m changing the Weekly Hilarity Contest to poetry again, but intend to definitely bend toward humor and not to the sarcasm and ridicule of terrible poeming.
  4. My #1 priority will be me and my family. Number two will, invariably, be dishes and laundry -okay, really, ’twill be catching blog posts written by my favorite people (you!). After those, I will post some of my own works (see #5, just below).
  5. My blogging schedule will be liposuctioned to something manageable and …less personal. Maybe.
  6. I will write and publish a book. I will write under a modified name, since I’ve never liked my obviously-born-in-a-certain-decade-or-near-there identifier.
  7. If there is any time left after that, I’ll sleep well, eat right, and exercise. I will also cure pandemics.
woman wearing blue shawl lapel suit jacket
I will totally look like this person, all year. (Photo by Moose Photos on Pexels.com)

-Chel Owens (Β©2020)

55 thoughts on “One of Those Boring Blog Update Things

1. ellenbest24 September 1, 2020 / 9:43 am

Pandemic curing will be a stretch too far, I think don’t set yourself up to fail. Afterall the rest looks like a walk in the park. Keep your name there is not an Author that I have found using it. Unique and memorable.

• Chelsea Owens September 1, 2020 / 9:47 am

Thanks, Ellen! I admit that I’ve little experience in pandemic cures, but I’ll do my best. πŸ™‚

I’m just not fond of the name. I never have been. I’ve always wanted a different one or a cute nickname, so I’m going to try for Chel.

• ellenbest24 September 1, 2020 / 10:22 am

Sound like the author of chick lit or YA, lets face it they could call me pooh bar if it got books sold. Where your name sounds classy as Is.

2. petespringerauthor September 1, 2020 / 9:52 am

Sounds like a logical plan. You’ve got your priorities in line as your family should always be the first concern. Any idea what your book is going to be about? Poetry? Curing pandemics?

I’ll be looking for you on the Coronavirus Task Force right next to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx. Hey, maybe you’ve found your new gig. You can write about how great President Trump is and extol his virtues each day. Be sure to toss in the words “incredible, amazing, and no one’s ever seen” as many times as possible. I don’t think I’ve heard them enough. 🀣

• Chelsea Owens September 1, 2020 / 9:54 am

Thanks, Pete! My initial WIP was one on parenthood, but I’ve been too daunted to re-address that mess. In the meantime, I’m aiming for a children’s poetry one.

I would be duly honored to work with any of our leaders, including the current president. πŸ™‚ His is an interesting personality, for sure.

• petespringerauthor September 1, 2020 / 10:02 am

The beauty of writing is we can write about whatever we feel like. Nice to have you back.

3. robertawrites235681907 September 1, 2020 / 10:01 am

Sounds great, Chelsea. Most people seem to think the pandemic doesn’t exist anyway. I must be honest, I’m having my doubts given that most people are not social distancing or wearing masks and the disease figures and deaths are dropping madly.

4. TanGental September 1, 2020 / 10:53 am

Apart from being a sh*t football team, a type of ankle boot that I quite like and an overpriced suburb of west London, what’s wrong with Chelsea? And what triggered your parents to choose it? There’s a surge in Dua as a popular name here, in the top twenty in 2019 apparently, after a popular singer; were you similarly burdened? My parents told me they chose Geoffrey after Geoffrey Chaucer so at least they were aiming at something authorial, though later I found the only Geoffrey they knew when mum was pregnant was an irritable drunk who liked trainspotting and strong Danish lager, which always made me wonder at their choice.

• Chelsea Owens September 1, 2020 / 11:02 am

πŸ˜€ At least you’ve the option to shorten yours, to a lesser trainspotting drinker of strong Danish lager. I’ll e-mail you the name’s origin, since it will date me much more specifically than I’ve already alluded to.

• Chelsea Owens September 1, 2020 / 11:07 am

I mean, the name has no meaning -not like ‘beautiful one’ or ‘beloved of God.’ I may as well be named Miami or Denver.

• TanGental September 1, 2020 / 11:42 am

Could have been worse. If your parents visited Dorset when you were conceived you might have been Piddle Trenthide..

• TanGental September 1, 2020 / 11:45 am

Apparently Geoffrey is the Anglo- Norman version of some low German name that roughly translates to God-Peace which is a tad close to Cod Piece to be entirely comfortable in my book

5. tnkerr September 1, 2020 / 2:31 pm

We’ve all been waiting for a pandemic curer. I’m glad it’s going to be you.

6. obbverse September 1, 2020 / 2:36 pm

Dip the toe back in when you’re ready. Sometimes a sabbatical is required. Oh, yes, New accursed WP Editor? I do not have the words, but believe me I tried. The swear jar is overflowing…

• Chelsea Owens September 1, 2020 / 4:05 pm

Thanks! I’ve needed to back off a bit.

The swear jar’s a great idea. Next time it’s full, I’m shipping it off to WordPress.

7. dumbestblogger September 1, 2020 / 3:08 pm

Good plan. The rest of us would probably be fine with you putting curing pandemics a little higher on your list. Just saying.

8. Denny K September 2, 2020 / 2:43 am

Welcome back. I look forward to your return. You may want to move taking care of yourself a bit higher on your list.

• Chelsea Owens September 2, 2020 / 9:49 am

Thanks, Denny! Don’t worry- I’m always a work in progress.

9. Jules September 2, 2020 / 5:10 am

Welcome back to the WP world and blogging. I sent you an email that might help with back-door operations and not having to use the Block Editor. Which I haven’t used (I haven’t ever used any of the Editing systems WP said was greater than the invention of sliced bread) ever. Really, I haven’t. None of which were ever good for poetry anyway.

Always take care of you and the family. And good luck with the new ‘smart phone’ – I don’t have one of those yet.

• Chelsea Owens September 2, 2020 / 9:50 am

I got your e-mail! I’m trying to hit up everyone’s site, and work out doing stuff on the phone and … it’s crazy. I’m definitely trying your steps.

10. Norah September 2, 2020 / 5:20 am

What a great set of goals. I can’t wait until you end this pandemic.
    I wish you success with your book – and all your goals.

• Chelsea Owens September 3, 2020 / 4:16 pm

Thank you, Norah!! It’s a work in progress, that pandemic cure; the book may come first!

• Chel Owens September 4, 2020 / 4:01 pm

My “cure” may actually involve encouraging much smarter people to get a move on.

11. S. Chersis September 5, 2020 / 11:27 am

Writing a novel and curing a pandemic with just one arm and 1.5 legs? That sounds like a challenge, but I think you’ve got it ;P

12. H.R.R. Gorman September 13, 2020 / 6:45 am

Well, I read the other update first, so here’s a second comment to up the stats but contain no real merit.