Tour of Utah: Evermore Park

If you have an inner medieval knight, just waiting for his chance at a noble quest; if you’re a damsel in a dress, seeking an archery lesson to deter beaux; if you are a DND nerd inside and out, and wish for the ultimate LARPing experience….

I give you: Evermore.

©2020 Evermore.com

“Themed like a European village with its own buildings, citizens, and epic story. Guests interact with characters, go on quests, and become a part of the world of Evermore. The village of Evermore is a growing entity with changing themes, buildings, citizens, and quests.”

-From Evermore’s website

We heard about its opening a few years ago. The great Tracy Hickman told me he’d been hired to help create it*. Friends went. My former supervisor went and wrote about it. Yet, we’ve not tried it.

They have themes and special events. They also list:

• Archery
  • Musical Character Performances
  • Games & Quests
  • Storyline Discovery
  • Gothic Antiquities

(From their site)

© Kelsie Foreman and Utah Business

It’s located in Pleasant Grove, about 40 minutes south of Salt Lake City Airport. You’d better go quickly; I just read a followup article that says they’re facing lawsuits on unpaid construction projects….

Those cursèd knaves.

*Tracy Hickman gave me that information back when the park first opened. I haven’t spoken with him since.
©2020 Chelsea Owens

25 thoughts on “Tour of Utah: Evermore Park

1. petespringerauthor September 2, 2020 / 8:57 am

What a unique place. I have never heard of it before. Yipes! Lawsuits and unpaid construction projects. Hopefully, they can remain in business.

2. LA September 2, 2020 / 9:22 am

Loving archery…hoping it eventually reopens here

3. ellenbest24 September 2, 2020 / 12:30 pm

I wanna play I am a superhero with the attitude of maid Marion. Tell him to bring his concept here, let someone with money and sense build it cos he bin doin something wrong.

4. obbverse September 2, 2020 / 3:10 pm

Looking at that photo the lawyers want their money, chop chop.

5. S. Chersis September 5, 2020 / 11:37 am

That was a roller coaster of a read! I was excited to go, remembered the pandemic, then figured I’d visit when it calms down, but then the lawsuit…

Still neat to know it exists. Hopefully things get straightened out.

6. H.R.R. Gorman September 13, 2020 / 6:44 am

Well, this does sound fun for people who can get there! We’re pretty much tied down to Work and Groceries if we want to visit my husband’s 90-year-old grandmother.

• Chel Owens September 13, 2020 / 6:56 am

That’s how I felt about my last grandparent, but he’s been hosting people and attending parties lately! 😀

• H.R.R. Gorman September 13, 2020 / 7:58 am

Phil’s grandmother lives in a retirement center, so giving it to her means pretty much giving it to hundreds of elderly… even if she is fine, it’ll be bad news for so many.

But I do feel terrible that elderly people often feel imprisoned right now. It’s such a horrible thing for them, all around.