Welcome to the our new poetry contest! Hilarity is our goal; funniness, laughable lines, hilarious rhymes -amusement!
Where once I told everyone to write terrible poetry, I now tell you to write terrible poetry with the intent to make us all laugh:
- The Topic is eccentrics. Collector, streaker, hermit, or superhero? I read about the British variety in Henry Hemming’s In Search of the English Eccentric and now I’m hooked!
- The Length will be a limerick. How else would you poem about eccentrics?? A limerick is five lines: AABBA, in anapestic meter.
- Rhyme? Naturally -unless that would run against your hero’s …idiom.
- Don’t worry too much about the details! Wake up at 2 a.m. from the strangest dream you’ve ever had, roll over to your notepad to write it down, then turn it in as poetry the next morning.
- Keep the Rating at PG or cleaner.You’re too clever to stoop to crass jibes for humor. I know it.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 11) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay anonymous for a week.
Otherwise, for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Drop a comment if you try to link back, and it doesn’t show up within a day.
Have fun! I insist!
©2020 Chel Owens