Hello, hello, hello! Welcome to the second A Mused Poetry Contest! The #1 goal is a good guffaw, so think of a few laughing lines and join in!
Here are the specifics for this week’s contest:
- The Theme is a snappy poem about Warning Labels. I find them hilarious, because my mind immediately constructs whatever scenario led to their being written.
- For Length, keep it between 3-150 words. The form is up to you.
- Rhyming is also up to you and always a great way to jazz up some writing.
- Keep things on the clean side for general audiences of a more mature nature (PG).
- Just MAKE US LAUGH. I want the hot coffee-spiller who licked the wrong side of the velcro whilst removing the tag on her pillow to have tears streaming down her face from your attempts.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 18) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay anonymous for a week.
Otherwise, for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Drop a comment if you try to link back and it doesn’t show up within a day.
©2020 Chel Owens, including photograph