Welcome to the A Mused Poetry Contest! Enjoy laughing? You’re in the right place!
Here are the specifics for this week’s contest:
- Seasons are changing. The Theme is a funny haiku (or, more technically accurate, a senryu) about seasonal change. Spring, fall, summer, winter, autumn; whatever.
- From Wikipedia about senryu, regarding Length: “three lines with 17 morae (or “on”, often translated as syllables, but see the article on onji for distinctions).” We’re also fine with the ole 5-7-5.
- Dude; this poetry form does NOT Rhyme.
- I dunno what might be racy about nature, so a G-rating is preferable.
- Just MAKE US LAUGH. Mother Nature needs to slap your wrists with climbing roses as she holds her vinèd sides in laughter.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next Friday (September 25) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay anonymous for a week.
Otherwise, for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Drop a comment if you try to link back and it doesn’t show up within a day.
©2020 Chel Owens