Welcome, one and all, to the A Mused Poetry Contest! We are very serious about humor here.
These are the specifics for this week:
- At Ellen’s suggestion, the Theme is the wittiest message inside your next anniversary card. (And, coincidentally, happy anniversary to her and her husband!)
- The Length needs to be short and sweet and easy on the ink. Let’s keep it under 122.5 words.
- Rhymes are a popular and catchy way to sell greeting cards, but it’s not a requirement for this contest.
- The Rating can be PG-13 or cleaner (please avoid cussing).
- The years have been kind to your sweetheart …or, maybe not. Either way, make him/her laugh. They’ve put up with you this long, after all…
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next Friday (October 9) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay anonymous for a week.
Otherwise, for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Drop a comment if you try to link back and it doesn’t show up within a day.
Have a wonderful anniversary!
©2020 Chel Owens