Greetings, poets! Ready to laugh? You’re in the right place!
These are the specifics:
- What could possibly be funnier than accident by hubris? The inevitable fall because of overconfident pride? The trip of the boastful athlete? The …well, you get it.
- I don’t want Length to interfere with your style, but I recommend short, sweet, and snappy. A limerick might be perfect.
- Rhyming’s up to you and your form.
- Keep the Rating PG or cleaner.
- With the tragic fall comes the chance for tears, so be sure we’re laughing as our hero fails.
I also request, if you choose political, that you do not stoop to personal insults -remember that everyone is someone’s son or daughter.
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next Friday (October 16) to submit a poem.
Use the form below to stay anonymous for a week.
Otherwise, for a more social experience, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Drop a comment if you try to link back and it doesn’t show up within a day.
Have more fun than your hero!
©2020 Chel Owens