‘Tis the season for Christmas, and you know what that means: Christmas cards and newsletters. Although many opt for a family picture or online update these days, I still receive (and send) the occasional list of amazing things my family and I did all year long.
And it’s annoying. On that note:
- The Theme is the annoying Christmas newsletter.
- Although I wish these ballads were shorter, Length has to be 250 words (or, please, fewer) to reflect the true, proud writer’s desire to brag.
- Rhyming will happen if you choose the obligatory Night Before Christmas spinoff, but is completely optional this holiday season.
- These are family-friendly publications, so I’m reining in the Rating at PGish. You know what I mean.
- Please, make us laugh. As we pour over yet another photo posed amidst clouds in an autumn forest and read just how many accolades the family dog earned, bring us laughter before we open the holiday egg nog early…
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next MONTH (December 11) to submit a poem.
Use the form, below, to remain anonymous until results are posted.
Otherwise, include your poem or a link to it in the comments. Leave a comment if your link-back doesn’t show up by midnight of the day you create it.
©2020 Chel Owens