Give Thanks

I don’t participate in popular social media events -unless I do so my way. When others share 10 Things I Hate, I share 10 Things I Love; if they tag a friend for One Photo Each Day No Description, I tag myself and post the most humorous artistic-looking picture in my feed.

November is no different. Sure, I’m grateful for stuff. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, after all. The reason I love it, however, is because it’s untainted and wholesome. It’s mine and my family’s. If I start telling everybody what I’m #blessed with, that’s bringing the public to a very private thing.

But, since November 20th, my Twofacebook feed has been different. People I hadn’t seen in ages, people who were only sharing political agendas, and people who only brag have all been giving thanks. It’s fantastic.

I have, too. For, I’ve loved the very different feeling I’m experiencing. I love the new stories about relatives shared by a cousin, the baby and grandbaby pictures from my neighbors, and all the photographs of nature and sunshine and happiness…

So, give thanks. It’s beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving.

Photo by Magda Ehlers on Pexels.com

…and, yes, I still share things my way -but I am participating. 😉

©2020 Chel Owens

26 thoughts on “Give Thanks

1. Lisa Bradshaw November 26, 2020 / 12:07 pm

You take care, look after yourself.. and yes there is so much to be thankful for.. 😉

2. johnlmalone November 26, 2020 / 1:47 pm

sounds good, Chelsea; maybe it’s something we should think about having down under 🙂

3. Shakorah Smith November 26, 2020 / 2:42 pm

Hey, I’m new to this community, and I have to say, I’m so thankful to be here. Nice post.

4. dumbestblogger November 26, 2020 / 7:48 pm

Giving thanks, instead of cramming political opinions down people’s throats? What is this world coming to?

5. CarolCooks2 November 26, 2020 / 9:30 pm

Good for you, Chel…I don’t do all these FB chain mail things I call them…Like you, I post what I want to like it or love it’s my FB…Have a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family…Enjoy! x

• Chel Owens November 26, 2020 / 10:22 pm

❤❤ Thank you, Carol! I know you’re a lovely, authentic person.

6. petespringerauthor November 26, 2020 / 10:58 pm

Continue to do it your way, Chel. It’s a much better way to go through life.

• Chel Owens November 26, 2020 / 11:55 pm

Thanks, Pete. 🙂 Sometimes, it’s lonely, but it’s the way I have to choose.

7. Ian Kay November 27, 2020 / 7:34 am

That turkey in the first photo is too scrawny, wouldn’t feed a family of one.

Is it Thanksgiving? We have to be reminded here, it’s not a holiday in our diary. Happy Thanksgiving 😉