Christmas Newsletter, poetic edition

‘Twas the night before Christmas so I wrote a poem, And what to my wondering eyes – no one’s home

To read all my prancing and pawing of hoofs, Or really all my kids’ accomplishments I’m proud of.

I in my MLM, Bob in his job, kids with their apps Have just settled down to show off our cat.

Away to the mailbox I fly like a flash Tear open my mail and then put down some cash

To pay for some photos, in new-fallen snow, To be used in this letter you’re reading, below.

So, you’ll hear me exclaim as this letter goes out of sight: Happy Christmas to All, until New Year’s Night!

Please, please, please enter the A Mused Poetry Contest. The deadline is this Friday!

Β©2020 Chel Owens

Photo by Any Lane on Pexels.com

32 thoughts on “Christmas Newsletter, poetic edition

1. willowdot21 December 8, 2020 / 1:57 am

This is so much better than some of the doozies I have received in my time….either all doom and gloom, or me-me-us, or look how well we have done!
    πŸŽ„πŸ’œ

2. Norah December 8, 2020 / 3:34 am

Happy Christmas to you and your family, Chelsea.

3. Lisa Bradshaw December 8, 2020 / 12:43 pm

It’s still a bit early for merry christmas as it will be repeated again and again.. πŸ˜‰

4. CarolCooks2 December 8, 2020 / 11:03 pm

I am looking forward to all the Christmas verse if this was a taster…:) x

• Chel Owens December 9, 2020 / 7:14 am

πŸ˜€ Some would say this was not palatable. πŸ˜€

• Chel Owens December 9, 2020 / 11:41 pm

It’s all right. I’ve barely been on, with life taking so much time. πŸ™‚

5. Miriam Hurdle December 9, 2020 / 9:14 pm

It’s a fun Christmas poem, Chelsea. Merry Christmas to you and your family. πŸ™‚

6. Jules December 11, 2020 / 9:24 am

Fun. I just finished reading a paperback romance by Janet Dailey called “A Capital Holiday” (350pp).
    I’ve also read a fun murder mystery by Monica Ferris (240pp) “Crewel Yule”!