It’s, once again, way past time for our A Mused Poetry Contest. Better late than never!
- The Theme is a silly poem about an unusual eccentricity. In my ‘free time’ that is completely nonexistent, I’ve (still) been ploughing through In Search of the English Eccentric. Foibles, personal oddities, and strange collections abound.
- I recommend keeping the poem’s Length to fewer than 200 words, but who am I to suppress a
slightly madcreative mind?
- I also recommend Rhyming but see the caveat, above.
- Rating: PG-13. Some eccentrics delve into less …acceptable behaviors of a less modest nature. If you wish to rhyme about such a one as this, allusions will be your friend.
- Above all, maintain a sense of levity. An unusual dignity, yes; but humor as well!
You have till 10:00 a.m. MST next MONTH (June 26) to submit a poem.
Use the form, below, to retain anonymity until results are posted.
Otherwise, include your poem in the comments, link to it in the comments, or leave a note that you’ve written one and stuck it on your own site in the comments. You cannot just link back to my post because WordPress is stupid and I will not receive it.
©2021 Chel Owens