Ah, Man. It’s an Update.

If you’re a better blog friend than I, you knew this was coming. I have not been around much. I haven’t had time for anything except a paltry effort at feeding the children and ensuring they’ve showered semi-regularly.

So, all official-like, I am taking my annual summer sabbatical from The Blog.

Welllllllll, soon.

I’ll write now and then, visit everybody, wrap up the current A Mused Poetry Contest; then take off around June 27th. I’ll not disappear entirely because I am writing a monthly poetry post over at Carrot Ranch called Anyone Can Poem.

(By the way, you should check it out!)

In other announcements:

1. We found out we’re having Boy #6.
  2. We’re moving house.
  3. We’ve cured cancer.

Now, you get to decide which two are the truths and which is the lie….

Wouldn’t it be neat if this was how my summer went?
Photo by Asad Photo Maldives on Pexels.com

Β©2021 Chelsea Owens

79 thoughts on “Ah, Man. It’s an Update.

1. RuthScribbles June 15, 2021 / 9:37 am

1 and 2 are true!! Take good care. I hope your move goes swiftly and easily. (hire packers-really- it saves the anxiety of getting it done. )

2. Michael B. Fishman June 15, 2021 / 9:54 am

If I could make a suggestion without getting in trouble? Is it maybe possible that the children’s showers could be put on a bi-weekly schedule to allow more time for you to blog?

3. Priscilla Bettis June 15, 2021 / 10:10 am

I’m a little skeptical about the cancer cure, so congratulations on moving and on your sweet little boy on the way!

4. Hobbo June 15, 2021 / 10:18 am

Congratulations Chel. Five more to go, and you can have a full soccer team, unless you need subs. Moving house as well, you are a very busy lady. I’ll have to check out your new post on Carrot Ranch. Enjoy the sabbatical- you’ve earned it! πŸ™‚

• Chel Owens June 15, 2021 / 3:17 pm

We can always use Hobbo poems! And, I think I’m good with six boys. πŸ˜€

• Hobbo June 16, 2021 / 3:29 am

Thank you!
        A talented poet named Chel,
        Had kids, like peas popping their shell,
        She dipped them in love
        From the heavens above
        And wrote each one a little rondel.
        πŸ™‚

• Chel Owens June 15, 2021 / 3:18 pm

Being a boy mom is a tough business! I hope your summer is great, too!

5. pkadams June 15, 2021 / 11:22 am

Haha! I bet it’s number one, but nothing surprises me anymore! Enjoy your summer! Hope you have access to a swimming pool.

• Chel Owens June 15, 2021 / 3:19 pm

Ah, PK. We have a lot of testosterone over here! A swimming pool would be great. 🌊

6. robertawrites235681907 June 15, 2021 / 11:35 am

How lovely to have another boy. Boys are so nice and it will be much easier for you having all your children the same sex. I hope your move goes well and enjoy the break.

7. willowdot21 June 15, 2021 / 12:12 pm

Wishing you all the very for the sabbatical.. I wish we had cured cancer…be happy and safe new baby new house OMG you are so brave ! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

8. Bruce Goodman June 15, 2021 / 1:11 pm

Have a great break! I think I should do the same perhaps. In the house move, are you taking all six boys with you?

9. obbverse June 15, 2021 / 3:04 pm

Enjoy the break. Boy, you deserve it! I guess the new house will need six bedrooms repainted blue?

• Chel Owens June 15, 2021 / 3:26 pm

Nah. They’ll all share one room like an army barracks. πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

• obbverse June 15, 2021 / 3:29 pm

Five lined up like little troopers. Once born one will remain a pooper for a while yet though, I’m sure.

10. petespringerauthor June 15, 2021 / 8:09 pm

Now that’s a mother! Raising boys and curing cancer.🀣 Enjoy tour time away.

11. CarolCooks2 June 15, 2021 / 8:59 pm

One of my friends has 6 boys she got her girl when she had grandchildren…and to make it, even more, complicated all their names start with T…Enjoy your break and yes having someone to pack your stuff is the best idea πŸ™‚ x

• Chel Owens June 15, 2021 / 9:56 pm

Not holding my breath on that girl; I’ve dreaded having one since learning about what girls go through at puberty….

My boys have unique names. It’s confusing enough having five (now six!).

12. CarolCooks2 June 15, 2021 / 9:00 pm

Oh, and it doesn’t mean you can wiggle out of the A-Z…have fun with H…xx

• CarolCooks2 June 15, 2021 / 10:33 pm

Ummmm…Yes!…No worries though…Pete stepped in and very admirably πŸ™‚ x

• Chel Owens June 17, 2021 / 9:47 am

Ha! I went back and saw I actually did NOT forget ‘g!’ I was your first commenter!! I am exonerated!

• CarolCooks2 June 17, 2021 / 9:58 am

Ahhhh..Yes How could I forget it was Langsat a Thai fruit and Lils favourite fruit….xx

13. Norah June 16, 2021 / 4:09 am

Have a wonderful summer. We’ll miss you, but we’ll be here when you get back. Boy #6. How amazing is that!

14. Pam Webb June 16, 2021 / 4:30 am

Teachers for years will say, β€œOh, I taught your brother.”

15. bosssybabe June 16, 2021 / 5:33 am

Aw, everyone needs a break at some point… Sounds like yours was due 6 years ago?? Boy #6!? πŸ™ŒπŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜±πŸ™

• Chel Owens June 21, 2021 / 4:34 pm

πŸ˜€ Dangit. You’re right. I failed at the classic “don’t be too vague” strategy of Two Truths/One Lie.

16. Jules June 22, 2021 / 7:24 am

All the best to you on your new addition and moving!! Someone in your family may get that education to cure cancer!! So that’s hopeful too.

Blog when you can, and just enjoy the summer. I had a mini vacation while hubby had to work in Wisconsin. I got to visit La Crosse. Interesting to see the Mississippi at the edge of town.

I only had two boys, OK three if you count hubby. When the grand-daughter came around it was like; what do I do? I managed though. And I’m sure you’ll continue to be a great Mom. And anytime you need an encouraging word… just remember there are folks in the blog-o-sphere that care. πŸ’—

• Chel Owens June 22, 2021 / 7:37 am

❀❀ Thank you, Jules. I love you and my blogging friends. I feel guilty that I don’t have extra time when the kids are around but hope to gain that back with school starting again in the fall.

• Jules June 22, 2021 / 8:55 am

They ‘vacations’ never seem long enough – but I am happy to be home too. πŸ˜€

17. obbverse August 17, 2021 / 2:57 am

Hey, I know things must be crazy busy but perhaps I can understand your discomfort-ure, if only on some low level. So I’ll share the words I smilingly sent to my daughter on hearing her news.

Sometimes all it takes is that romantic getaway
    And you wake up one fine calendar day
    To find you two are in the family way.

‘Twill soon be when you find your mind turns
    From mundane trivia to more childish concerns-
    Oh, how swiftly the lessons the mum-to-be learns.

Like, how swift you go from peeing on a stick
    To spending a lovely morning being (w)retchedly sick,
    And, increasingly, if you need to pee you’d best be quick.

But since this writer is just your Dad
    It’s a parental concern this father’s never had-
    Call me a misogynist but- gee whizz- I’m rather glad.

I sympathise with you, my dear daughter
    But skips to the loo become longer, not shorter,
    Could be another UTI, or something in the water?

At first how miraculous this conception did seem
    Then comes the realisation that joining the Kids Team
    Results in finding blissful relief gets shut down midstream.

So, does the scan show a mister or a miss?
    Many may well say there’s little matter to this,
    But gender matters in the matter of taking the piss.

To bear a precious little miss,’twould be a blessing,
    Or a boy, kicking at your kidney, constantly compressing?
    I’m sure I’d be pissed off too, but as a dude, I’d be guessing.

All the best, enjoy the away from blog time, put your feet up and rest up.
    (I’ll post this later, at a more comfortable date, but not quite yet. Grampaw’s gonna take some getting used to!?)

• Chel Owens August 17, 2021 / 11:36 pm

Awww, you’re going to have a grandchild! That’s what raising kids is all about, right?

And thanks for the poem. It’s so very true on many counts.