Oh My Loki! I Think I’m Obsessed.

I love the wrong kind of character.

Besides often falling for the villain, I’m not the sort to drool after Chris Hemsworth, stalk Dwayne Johnson, or slip my number to Brad Pitt. I mean, who cares? All they’ve got is a body.

I’m also not a big watcher-of-series. Before we moved, I’d catch Walking Dead or Lost or Breaking Bad from over Kevin‘s shoulder while I washed the dishes in the evening. Without sound. The problem is children. We can either watch something with them or something once they’re all (supposedly) in bed.

Enter Disney+. After a few Avengers films (trying to mute all the swears), we tried Wandavision. ‘Not bad,’ we said. ‘What’s next,’ we said. ‘Ah, one about Loki…’

Of all the Avengers not counting Hawkeye, Loki is my favorite. Then they went and filmed his series with a Fallout/Portal/Matrix feel to it and cinched the deal.

I love it.

Like, LOVE it.

Granted, the story has its plot holes. Some of the dialogue delivery needed work, including the initial exchange between Mobius and Loki. But… Have you ever read the last page of a book and wanted to stay in that world? Have you finished a series or a film and wanted another hour of content? That’s exactly how I felt at the abrupt ending of Loki‘s first season.

…and I wanted Sylvie to drop through a time gap, but that’s a side issue…

Yeah; she’s not my favorite. Thanks, GIPHY.

Have any of you seen it? What did you think? Where do you think the story will go? Will Sophia Di Martino and Tom Hiddleston ever learn how to have chemistry? Do I need to join a support group just to disseminate the plot?

Now, THAT is a face you can trust… (Thanks again, GIPHY)

Β©2021 Chel Owens

52 thoughts on “Oh My Loki! I Think I’m Obsessed.

1. robstroud November 18, 2021 / 8:46 pm

Bad boys often exert a powerful temptation to naive young ladies… but never forget–they cannot be trusted.

• Chel Owens November 18, 2021 / 9:42 pm

Well, that’s the appeal, Rob. Even “bad boys” aren’t the tempting part for me, though, it’s the intelligence.

2. CarolCooks2 November 18, 2021 / 8:54 pm

Maybe I should try and watch it again …I watched the first episode and about half of episode 2 and called it a day…I wanted to like it and didn’t 😦 x

• Chel Owens November 18, 2021 / 9:45 pm

I stuck with it. Some episodes were better than others. I’m sure I’m mostly enamored with the world.

• CarolCooks2 November 18, 2021 / 10:10 pm

No worries I know you are busy with baby and everything else but it will be lovely to see you πŸ™‚ x

3. robertawrites235681907 November 18, 2021 / 9:46 pm

Of all the mythical gods and demigods, Loki is my favourite too. I have not seen a single Avengers film although Michael loves them. I got my boys to watch The Sound of Music and Phantom of the Opera with me – they liked it!

• Chel Owens November 18, 2021 / 9:49 pm

That’s great! If only Gerard could sing, it’d be even better!

I like the Avengers movies because they’re ones we can watch as a family. The dialogue and story are better in some than others.

• robertawrites235681907 November 20, 2021 / 10:30 am

Yes, and that is lovely. My boys know there are some things I don’t do like watch movies. They do other things with me.

4. willowdot21 November 19, 2021 / 12:42 am

I not seen any of these films but you’ve spiked my interest πŸ’œ

5. Ian Kay November 19, 2021 / 1:25 am

That GIF is disturbing. It’s like she’s cricked her neck over and over. Ouch.

I’m not aware of these shows. Are they superheroes? I grew up with the comic books and that’s really how I like them to stay.

• Chel Owens November 19, 2021 / 5:00 am

Comic books might be better, and I agree with you about the GIF. πŸ˜€

6. Books & Bonsai November 19, 2021 / 2:18 am

I have always been more attracted to villains, I even married two! These days, I stick to fiction bad boys…

7. Nope, Not Pam November 19, 2021 / 2:59 am

Nope, I don’t watch TV or movies. I’m a book girl. Though I will admit I’ve read a few books with characters which have made my heart lurch πŸ™‚

• Chel Owens November 19, 2021 / 5:02 am

Was it a good lurch? I’ve heard you should get heart lurches looked into by a doctor, otherwise. πŸ˜‰

• Nope, Not Pam November 19, 2021 / 2:21 pm

Probably πŸ™‚

8. Jim Borden November 19, 2021 / 5:39 am

I have not heard of this series, but you have piqued my interest. It is nice when you find something you enjoy so much…

9. Bruce Goodman November 19, 2021 / 9:30 am

I have both the body and the intelligence. But then I’ve never been in a movie so no one has ever swooned over me.

10. bosssybabe November 19, 2021 / 5:55 pm

Actually last series I was really into was Lost and Walking Dead πŸ˜‚ I’m like those ppl who doesn’t care for new friends #NoNewFriends except replace friends with series! #NoNewSeries!

11. Herb November 19, 2021 / 6:25 pm

It’s always interesting when the protagonist is also a villain.

• Chel Owens November 19, 2021 / 11:26 pm

There’s a complexity there, for sure.

12. LA November 20, 2021 / 5:26 am

Loki has personality. He’s fun.

13. Michael B. Fishman November 25, 2021 / 6:54 am

I’m thinking of getting Disney+ for mom (and a little bit for me, too). I’m not much of a superhero movie fan but I want to watch and rewatch all the classic Disney movies from like pre-1965.

14. bookshelfbattle December 3, 2021 / 4:29 am

All of these shows embrace super wokeness now and this is one where it works out in the show’s favor. Loki is a shapeshifter and can be any kind of Loki he wants so its not a surprise he is different Lokis across different timelines…and it seems fitting that there is a female Loki so that Loki can fall in love with Loki because he loves himself so much anyway. It’s funny it took me ten years and finally this show helped me figure out why Loki looks like a human even though he is an adopted frost giant…i.e. because he chose a human form.

Then again, I’m not so sure about the wokeness of other shows. I watched the Hawkeye show only to find its really about Hawkeye’s female arrow shooting apprentice. There’s an upcoming Thor movie where Thor’s girlfriend becomes the new Thor. The last James Bond had a female 007. I don’t get this push to turn all these male characters female. It’s not like men sit around demanding that Buffy gets turned into Barry the Vampire Slayer.

• Chel Owens December 3, 2021 / 6:32 am

Ha ha…. because Buffy already had Barrys helping her just like Kate Bishop needs Clint and even Cruz needs Lightning McQueen (desperation led to watching Cars 3).

The push is to keep proving that women can do anything a man can do because men are better at powerful things. Ironically, women still want a powerful man. Double ironically, women who push for this also accept those men who transition over to the female playing field…

My husband pointed out a more-Loki-like ending where he stabbed her -but that wouldn’t have worked with his character evolution and wokeness. Honestly, their exchanges bothered me far less than the constant push that Mobius was completely, platonically friends with his supervisor.

• bookshelfbattle December 3, 2021 / 5:49 pm

The problem is I am no longer getting excited for these shows. They can only bait and switch me so many times. I am already convinced that The Book of Boba Fett will be five minutes of Boba Fett in the beginning where he hands off he space bounty hunting tools off to his long lost second cousin twice removed, Susie Fett. And the Obi Wan Kenobi show? No doubt Ewan MacGregor shows up for a minute to hand his light saber off to his little known sister, Meredith Baxter Birn-Kenobi.

• Chel Owens December 4, 2021 / 11:07 am

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ You could go work for Disney.