No! Not Elf on a Shelf!

As my good friend, Ruth, knows after my reaction to her post about her resident porcelain dolls, I am not a fan of creepy toys. Who in their right mind thought one that moves around and spies on you isn’t terrifying?

I cannot find the original source for this wonderful idea anywhere.

After stumbling across this picture, I felt it was an excellent time to bring back -throwback- Snappy McSprinkles.

37 thoughts on “No! Not Elf on a Shelf!

• Chel Owens December 24, 2021 / 1:31 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks, Carol! Happy Christmas to you!

1. robstroud December 24, 2021 / 12:03 pm

The word gross doesn’t begin to describe that image!

Those elves are creepy though…

2. Gr8BigFun December 24, 2021 / 6:39 pm

More than just chestnuts being roasted over that open fire. Merry Christmas!

• Chel Owens December 24, 2021 / 11:17 pm

๐Ÿ˜€ That would’ve been great to slip in there. Next time, I’ll try to remember that one!

3. Nope, Not Pam December 25, 2021 / 2:35 am

Oh I love that. Thatโ€™s my kind of nasty elf. Great Chelsea ๐Ÿ˜

4. H.R.R. Gorman December 27, 2021 / 7:42 pm

I went on vacation in Idaho recently, and they had an elf on the shelf in the hotel… all the kids were way too rowdy looking for it because they offered a free candy bar or something to the ones who found it.

• Chel Owens December 28, 2021 / 1:35 am

I just don’t understand why kids like it. I would’ve been terrified as a child.

5. fgsjr2015 January 9, 2022 / 4:30 pm

Amusing; however, the image, utilizing (what appear to be) chicken bones, actually made me feel nauseous. … I’m not vegetarian, though I seldom eat ‘meat’ but do eat prawns or shrimp pretty much on a weekly basis.