The First-Ever 2022 Blog Update!

Photo by Anna Shvets on Pexels.com

I’ve been absent lately, in an unofficial fashion. Since this has been due to life and its overwhelming responsibilities -furthermore, since no one has gone looking for me in a panic- I can only presume that: either everyone is equally engaged, or everyone understands that I am not only engaged but have married and sired six children.

If you are feeling like panicking, this post is meant to deter that.

Photo by Anna Tarazevich on Pexels.com

I am still alive. My family is alive and kicking. I’ve come through the holidays, have declared a word, and have been mentally planning what to do for this blog.

I intend to include:

• More creative stories, although they may be short.
  • More off-the-cuff posts as was my wont before COVID-19 hit.
  • Poetry, naturally.
  • Reviews of favorite books and movies.
  • Updates on COVID-19 conditions, as necessary.
  • A contest, or many. I’d love to award literal prizes.
  • Quotes. I love me my quotes.
  • Guest posts. PLEASE!
  • Wrap-ups of my Tour of Utah and mystery series, and promises I’ve made to bloggers to read their works.

If you made it this far, maybe you’d consider helping:
1. What would you like to read? Why do you come around here?
2. Would you be a guest blogger?
3. Would you be a guest host for a contest or writing prompt?
4. Is there anything I haven’t listed that you’d like me to write about?

Thank you for joining me on consider the current chaos.

Good Ole Bill…. Thanks, GIPHY

Hopefully, I’ll squeeze out a plan for the year and get back with you. In the meantime, please do answer my questions.

©2022 Chel Owens

73 thoughts on “The First-Ever 2022 Blog Update!

1. Bruce Goodman January 11, 2022 / 1:05 am

Belated welcome to 2022! Being summer here I seem to spend most of my current blogging time in the garden: pulling weeds, watering the dry patches, planting things – all in a sun hat. Gardening and blogging are two different words for the same thing. I like the idea of your writing “More creative stories, although they may be short” By “MORE” I presume you mean not “more creative” but “more stories”!

2. willowdot21 January 11, 2022 / 1:08 am

Hi Chel well it is good to see you here again. You must have your hands full, six children, newish home and a hubby to organise! I am surprised and Impressed that you have time to blog! I think you have covered everything comprehensively.
    Why do I come here ? Because I enjoy what you have to say and your content. I would be a guest on your blog if you think anyone would be interested. Take care and I really don’t know how you find the time to blog! 💜

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:43 am

Oh, Willow. ❤ Thank you. What I don’t have as much time for as I used to is reading everything everyone writes, which I feel terribly about.

I love reading what you write as well. You have such a lovely way of describing the world.

• willowdot21 January 11, 2022 / 7:47 am

Thank you Chel that’s a lovely thing to say! I am amazed you have enough hours in the day, I remember my mum she had nine children but only six survived I don’t now how she managed. No washing machine, no fridge ….no car 💜💜

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:01 pm

Most days, I figure I survive because -ready or not- time keeps moving. 😛 Your mother sounds like a Saint!

• willowdot21 January 11, 2022 / 4:27 pm

Oh! Bless we do as mums have a lot to do, I can remember! My Mum was a star 🌟🌟

3. Nope, Not Pam January 11, 2022 / 1:30 am

Hey Chelsea, great to hear from you, I hope you’ve been getting some rest. I’m easy on content, I love your posts and if you need anything just give me a yell. 🥳

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:44 am

Thanks!… but will you here me from all the way over in this hemisphere? 🙂

• Nope, Not Pam January 11, 2022 / 12:08 pm

I’m only a comment away 🤩

4. Hobbo January 11, 2022 / 2:34 am

1. It’s an eclectic mixture. I never know what’s coming.
    2. Possibly
    3. No thanks. I’ve done this before and they take an extraordinary amount of time which I don’t have.
    4. Updates on your neck of the woods.
    I prefer short posts, but only because I follow so many blogs and reading them is quite time consuming, so that is a very personal thing. I know other bloggers prefer longer posts.
    Good Luck with 2022 and carry on ‘chaos-ing’ 😊

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:55 am

I never know what’s coming, either!

I would love to host your poetry. You’re among the greatest!

• Hobbo January 11, 2022 / 8:42 am

Ha ha ha. Thank you, Chel. That’s very kind. If you want to host some of my stuff that would be great. Please let me know what you would need/how it would work. Sorry to be a bit thick, but no one has ever offered to do this before.

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:03 pm

🤷‍♀️ Supposedly, I’m young and therefore know all this. I mostly talk to people about it over e-mail and we figure it out that way.

5. Norah January 11, 2022 / 3:13 am

Welcome back, Chelsea. Like you, I’ve been otherwise occupied for the past few weeks. I’m pleased to see you have a plan in place. Please continue as before. I’ll continue to read and comment as before too i.e. don’t expect too much of me. I’m still muddling by, trying to get myself back into gear. No plan yet, just to be.

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:57 am

Norah, you are far more organized than I am! I love your educational materials and will forever remember your frog hat; I intend to use similar methods to teach.

• Norah January 12, 2022 / 11:47 pm

Frog hat!! I had to think hard for that one. 😅
        Enjoy teaching. 🙂

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:57 am

❤ Thank you, Annette! I never know what’s coming, either, but thought a vague outline might help people. 😀

6. mattsnyder1970 January 11, 2022 / 4:00 am

I’d gladly guest blog or host…but at times I wish you’d cross promote or at the very least remind your readers of the Wilhelmina podcast.

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 7:59 am

🤦‍♀️ Sorry, Matt! I hope you know I mean to; I’ve just forgotten. I absolutely love your readings.

7. Tippy Gnu January 11, 2022 / 6:15 am

I just like your writing. That’s why I come here. I doubt I’ll volunteer to guest write a post. That’s something I rarely do because, well, I’m engaged a lot also. But I’m looking forward to more of your good posts. And Happy New Year!

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 12:59 pm

Hey thanks! I don’t even write much lately, so let’s hope I’ve earned such praise. 😀 I like your writing as well; please know that I don’t read often from being busy and not from not enjoying it.

8. mattsnyder1970 January 11, 2022 / 6:42 am

I like your stories and the contests. I’d gladly guest host a contest or guest post.

9. gregoryjoel January 11, 2022 / 6:56 am

I’m happy to hear you’re back in force! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are getting settled in. Like you, we’ve been swamped. Every winter I think I’ll have a slower time but it picks up even more as we build new beds and expand the farm. I love seeing your posts. Your plan is great and I can’t think of anything to add (truth be known – I can’ think of much of anything these days). I can’t wait to see what the new year brings for you! Take care!

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:00 pm

❤❤ Thanks! We’re starting to be able to work on the land, here, and I keep thinking I’ll not have any more free time come summer!!

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:02 pm

Hey! You didn’t answer the questions! 😉

10. TanGental January 11, 2022 / 10:53 am

Did you go? Oh dear I was watching the other way.
    Why do I come back? Because you’re there. And there is so different to South London yet so familiar it’s a wonder that you’re not English.
    At bottom, you make me smile, think and wonder. What more excuse do I need?
    And of course I’ll guest post, guest host, etc. Just click your heels, try not to face plant and send an owl.
    Here’s to 2022. ttfn…

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:06 pm

Only you, Geoff, could cause a chortle with an opening insult.

Why the resemblance to Londoners? Have you read my name? (Really; I’m quite flattered you think so. )

I would LOVE to host your writing … though, I may have to attach a warning label to it… Speaking of, when did you find time to spit out a fictional novel? I saw something over at Diana’s place…

• TanGental January 13, 2022 / 2:49 pm

I think you have a Londoners askew eye on life, take not a lot too seriously unless it’s really serious and have yet to tell me to have a nice day. You’d fit in very well.
        I’d be happy to apply age appropriate guidelines of that helps!
        And yes I have launched a sort of magical realism, mystery romance in the world to be different.

11. CarolCooks2 January 11, 2022 / 10:56 am

I hear you, Chel I never blogged when I had the kiddie winks at home just wouldn’t have had the time…you rock lady so just be…xx

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:07 pm

That’s precisely why I barely limp over to your place, though I never want to leave once there. You write about so many interesting topics!

12. Revenge of Eve January 11, 2022 / 11:08 am

I would have to say I enjoy your off-the-cuff posts. I enjoy more personable posts of home life. Perhaps you could do a series on the different personalities of your children!!??!!! Something to that affect. You speak so candidly I can only imagine the laughs I’d have reading about them and the antics that come along with them. I am interested in guest blogging in 2022. Once the year gets a good start, I will have an opportunity to present to you as this post just made it “click”, yay!! I also decided that I would like to take part in a challenge (or a few) this year so there’s that.

• Chel Owens January 11, 2022 / 1:09 pm

Thank you! These are all great ideas and I would definitely love your writing a post for my site!

Writing to challenges is a good idea as well; I’d forgotten to mention that one.

13. kat January 11, 2022 / 2:55 pm

Glad to know you’ve survived 6 children so far! I’m barely doing it with 2, so every time I feel overwhelmed, I think about you. Looking forward to reading more from you this year!

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 7:21 am

Ha! And I think about my former neighbor who had 11! I guess we all need an example to aspire to. 😉

14. Jim Borden January 11, 2022 / 3:34 pm

It looks like you have plan for 2022; I’m always a fan of off-the-cuff stories…

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 7:22 am

It’s more of guidelines, actually. 😀 I enjoy your off-the-cuff as well!

15. LA January 11, 2022 / 4:11 pm

Oooh…I thought my coyness would indicate I was in for guest blogging or judging or any sort of thing you may need. I never have any suggestions for posts though

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 7:23 am

On that note, do you ever desire to write things other than life observations? Sometimes I worry my eclectic-ness drives readers away.

• LA January 12, 2022 / 7:44 am

I have fiction that lm working on, and memoir type stuff, but really they’re thinly veiled life observations…ive toyed with writing organizing stuff…but really, it would be based on my life observations…so I guess I volley back to you…is there writing without life observations?

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 10:35 am

Well, yes. The best writers incorporate life observations, however, because readers will relate to that.

• LA January 12, 2022 / 10:52 am

Yeah…I don’t know if I can disassociate

16. Herb January 11, 2022 / 7:17 pm

I will have to think about these questions but life is hectic as you point out. I like reading about writing and I enjoy the contests, even though I seldom enter. Guest post? Hmmm…

17. petespringerauthor January 11, 2022 / 7:26 pm

I’m amazed at how much you’ve been able to blog, given your family circumstances. It was fun to appear on each other’s blogs, and I’m glad that I took part in that. I hope 2022 is a fantastic one for your family and for your endless creativity. You’re kind of stuck with me now. (Kind of like some gum on the bottom of your shoe.) 🤣

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 7:34 am

Ha ha! That was fun. I’m happy to have you back, if you wish. I could even host snippets of your book(s). And you’re never gum on a shoe!

18. manitobamomblog January 11, 2022 / 9:17 pm

I really enjoy hearing about your life at home. Your perspective always brings me a smile!

19. Denny K January 12, 2022 / 3:08 am

It is good to hear from you that all is well. I enjoy all of it. Your life stories, creative prose and poetry. I also find the quotes you share to be consistently thought provoking or memorable. I have become one of those irresponsible consumers so I won’t be volunteering to get involved.

I will gladly encourage you with cheers and kudos from a distance. You’re are thoughtful, funny and have a great command of our language. Please continue to share as time and energy permit.

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 7:37 am

❤ Thank you, Denny. The “irresponsible consumer” stance confused me when I first began blogging, but now I’m very busy and understand it quite well. You’re fine to read what you can and I hope your life is full and improving.

20. Priscilla Bettis January 12, 2022 / 11:51 am

All us parents out here know how busy you are! Family and writing updates are my faves, but it’s your blog. Write whatever makes you smile.:-)

• Chel Owens January 12, 2022 / 1:14 pm

Thanks, Priscilla! And here I thought I was writing too many updates. 😉

21. bosssybabe January 13, 2022 / 12:35 pm

I love your humour. I also love hearing about how people survive their daily barriers, whatever your life tends to throw at you. I find so much inspiration in those stories! 🙂

• Chel Owens January 13, 2022 / 7:40 pm

🤔 Makes me think of The Higher Power of Lucky, a children’s book. Lucky, the protag, wants to know how people find their higher power.

22. H.R.R. Gorman January 17, 2022 / 2:03 am

1) Yay for surviving! 2022 may be the year of you, eh?

2) I’d be willing to guest post. I may be flaky about a weekly contest, but maybe biweekly or monthly I could handle.

3) I want you to have a great time, mostly! I like your miniseries, though.

• Chel Owens January 17, 2022 / 12:20 pm

Thanks! I’m flaky as well. Or busy. We’ll go with busy since it sounds more noble.

I love series but worry that people won’t read them since they feel like they have to stay up to date. I never completed yours, for example. :/