“[L]ife is still the most incredible reality show around—far more real than the stuff labeled as ‘reality television.’ The good news is we are the director, producer, and writer of that show. If it’s a big flop, then that’s on us.”

Pete Springer, in the comments of “Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?

29 thoughts on “

1. petespringerauthor February 27, 2022 / 10:32 am

Wow, I’m famous. Usually, when someone is quoted, that person is dead. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. 🤣 Pete Springer also uttered this memorable phrase to his wife on the same day, “Honey, are we out of toilet paper?”

2. Michael B. Fishman February 27, 2022 / 11:17 am

That’s a mighty big responsibility, frightful in a lot of ways, and I think that’s why so many people turn to the television, or other, version of reality.

• Chel Owens February 27, 2022 / 9:55 pm

We’re so afraid of any sort of challenge these days. It’s not healthy. :/

3. willowdot21 February 27, 2022 / 1:09 pm

The stars of my show are my grandchildren and Ruby 💜💜💜🇺🇦

4. masercot February 28, 2022 / 5:36 am

Sadly, I’m stuck as a character on Gilligan’s Island. My hopes rise up when each stranger is introduced to my island… but they all get back to civilization and never mention me again. It’s like Waiting for Godot but with coconuts…

• Chel Owens February 28, 2022 / 8:33 am

You do know that I featured you twice on my blog, Gilligan…. oh wait, maybe you mean a different sort of stranger. 🙂

• masercot February 28, 2022 / 8:36 am

Oh, you mean when Mrs. Howell was caught reading Camus?

• Chel Owens February 28, 2022 / 10:32 am

No…. you are a funny guy, though. I think more people like you than you think.