Friday Photo

I read this sign years ago, at the Classic Fun Center in Sandy, Utah.

I’ve been told mine is an odd sense of humor. If pressed, I think this sign falls in my category of finding warning signs and disclaimers hilarious. You know they exist because someone did something that needed warning against…

©2022 Chel Owens

34 thoughts on “Friday Photo

1. TanGental March 11, 2022 / 10:10 am

The mind does boggle somewhat at the possibilities. Maybe hospitalised because of a disastrous triple salko and double flush combination…

2. willowdot21 March 11, 2022 / 10:38 am

Yup the mind boggles , like the peanut butter warning ” May contain nuts” 😮

3. Tippy Gnu March 11, 2022 / 10:52 am

I’ll bet there are women who try to skate around that requirement.

4. Ian Kay March 11, 2022 / 12:24 pm

“Getting your skates on” when leaving a “restroom” makes perfect sense. 😁

• Chel Owens March 11, 2022 / 5:02 pm

You certainly wouldn’t want to rest in your skates.

5. obbverse March 11, 2022 / 2:49 pm

Just be relieved Tonya Harding hasn’t ripped the sign off the wall, stomping past it on her way to a pit stop.

6. Richmond Road March 11, 2022 / 2:51 pm

My father was something of a humorist, but also a Rugby Union referee. During a game of Rugby the referee may choose to issue a ‘caution’ to any player deemed guilty of foul play – meaning that any further infringement will result in that player being ‘sent off’, dismissed from the remainder of the game, in other words.
    So whenever my father saw a road sign that said ‘CAUTION – STEEP DESCENT’ or the like, he would feel obliged to immediately point to the sign and say, “Right, steep descent – one more like that and you’re off!’
    I suppose you had to be there …..

7. petespringerauthor March 11, 2022 / 7:14 pm

How funny! My current work in progress has a scene about my twelve-year-old protagonist going to the bathroom at the urinal, and he keeps rolling backward on his skates.

• Chel Owens March 12, 2022 / 12:14 am

Really! This sign was because of *you* then!

8. Nope, Not Pam March 12, 2022 / 2:03 am

You have to wonder 🧐

9. bookshelfbattle March 12, 2022 / 5:41 am

Is there one of these starting with “Men” for the restroom or were the ladies the only ones decapitating people with their skates while going to the bathroom?

• Chel Owens March 12, 2022 / 9:36 am

I didn’t even think to look at the men’s room. I just let my imagination run with this one!

10. Jim Borden March 12, 2022 / 2:57 pm

my guess is this sign was at a hockey rink, and that yes, somebody had an incident in the restroom because they were wearing skates. I hope the person didn’t try to sue the owners of the hockey rink…

11. An Artist Named M March 13, 2022 / 10:16 am

This sign reminds me of that pic I took of a sign in the men’s room of a Vietnamese restaurant to remember to not flush sanitary napkins.

12. bosssybabe March 14, 2022 / 7:23 pm

You’re right lol someone somewhere ruined it for everybody and now there’s a sign to remind everyone! LOL