24 thoughts on “

1. petespringerauthor March 27, 2022 / 10:15 am

A beautiful quote that can be interpreted in different ways. To me, it means, if we want to truly live life, then we need to dig way below the superficial layers that don’t mean anything.

• Chel Owens March 27, 2022 / 4:11 pm

🤔 And here I thought it meant we need to stand a little discomfort for great things.

• Ian Kay March 28, 2022 / 4:16 am

Yes, (and no): not all good things are easy to come by. 🙂

I can’t imagine Aristotle saw much snow. I wonder what he would have said had he been Norwegian.

• Chel Owens March 28, 2022 / 6:10 am

Norwegian Aristotle would’ve said a lot more about snow, and reindeer.

• Ian Kay March 28, 2022 / 7:55 am

“There’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes”, is a popular Norwegian saying (according to Winter Living in Norway). I think they must lean more towards the Stoics.

• Chel Owens March 27, 2022 / 4:12 pm

I thought he was exhausted from running behind the car, but tired from running in front of the car…

2. Nope, Not Pam March 27, 2022 / 1:05 pm

Whoever did say it was very wise

3. Jim Borden March 27, 2022 / 2:21 pm

I used to appreciate the beauty of a snowflake much more when I was younger… 🙂

4. Michael B. Fishman March 27, 2022 / 2:39 pm

I don’t know, maybe I’m too literal, but I’m not sure I buy this quote. Does it mean that to appreciate the suffering and pain of the homeless and the hungry that we need to be homeless and hungry? Or that we need to experience illness to appreciate health?

• Chel Owens March 27, 2022 / 4:14 pm

I agree with Pete that it can be taken many ways. I first thought it just meant we have to stand outside.

Maybe I’m too literal as well.

5. Norah March 28, 2022 / 6:16 am

As one who hasn’t really experienced either cold or snow, I think it means I need to be somewhere cold and snowy to appreciate a snowflake’s beauty. I’d love to see one one day, not just cut out a paper one.