“The most lost of all days, is that in which we have not laughed

-Probably Nicolas Chamfort, from his original quote of “La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l’on n’a pas ri.”
Often accredited to Charlie Chaplin, Steve Martin, or Groucho Marx

23 thoughts on “

1. Doug Jacquier June 6, 2022 / 12:34 am

What, no Abraham Lincoln or Winston Churchill on that list? 😉

2. Ian Kay June 6, 2022 / 2:29 am

There are therapy classes were people go to just to laugh. The therapist begins and all quickly follow. I think it’s easy as laughter is infectious – I guess that’s why the tv comedies have canned laughter.

Hearing a child’s laughter is the best there is. It’s the purest form of happiness. 🙂

• Chel Owens June 6, 2022 / 10:22 am

❤❤ How right you are. Do you get to hear children’s laughter often?

3. Priti June 6, 2022 / 4:12 am

Well shared 🙂

4. Prior... June 6, 2022 / 10:24 am

I have heard this quote and love the back story and possible history

And so true – let’s smile and laugh more

• Chel Owens June 6, 2022 / 10:30 am

I need to look into its history then. We often pull quotes from the middle of a bigger picture.

5. petespringerauthor June 6, 2022 / 10:51 pm

One of the keys to our marriage is that my wife and I enjoy laughing together. We both can laugh at ourselves and the absurdities of life. Laughter makes every day a little better

6. True story, a man was quite ill. He told his assistant to go and find all types of comedy movies, etc.,
    The assistant did so, the ill man watched them and he laughed his way to better health.
    I first read this story in Reader’s Digest back in the 80’s.
    King David wrote, ” a merry heart doeth good like a medicine, but a contrite spirit drieth the bones”

• Chel Owens June 7, 2022 / 10:27 pm

That’s great! So laughter really was the best medicine!

7. bosssybabe June 9, 2022 / 12:52 pm

I mean it’s the only reason why my husband and I are still married LOL 😉😂🤣 We love to laugh!

Comments are closed.