Welcome Back!

School’s back is session, autumn’s in the air, and I’m back to blogging. As per usual, here’s your numbered breakdown of how I’m going to make this work:

1. Terrible Poetry
    Where would we be without the Terrible Poetry Contest? I’ll be running this once a month, every other month, as per my:
  2. Blog Schedule
    Using the brilliant, intelligent, organized, brilliant Kat as inspiration; this old blog will follow an every-other month format. I’m going to post every day for September, November, January, March, and May. There will be short stories, re-posts, quotes, poetry, terrible poetry, games, Friday photos, and responses to prompts.
  3. Life
    is ridiculously packed to the brim while less-important tasks like sleep sit molding at the bottom. We’ll see how this format works. Any encouraging aphorisms and/or life secrets are encouraged.

Thank you. I look forward to reading your works again.

©2022 Chel Owens

Photo by Anna Tarazevich on Pexels.com

57 thoughts on “Welcome Back!

1. Jim Borden September 1, 2022 / 11:49 am

nice to see you back, and good luck with all that is on your schedule!

• Jim Borden September 1, 2022 / 3:54 pm

yes, I started blogging again in early August. I’m sure you will manage just fine…

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 4:45 pm

Nice of you to say. Have you found a good balance?

• Jim Borden September 2, 2022 / 2:23 pm

I think so. I’ve been taking weekends off from blogging, which has been a nice break from blogging everyday…

2. robbiesinspiration September 1, 2022 / 11:56 am

Hi Chel, blogging everyday for a whole months sounds like insanity to me – haha! I am happy with my slapdash post when I feel like it approach. It normally translates into two posts a week on each blog, but I also take breaks now when I travel.

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 3:11 pm

It’s probably devolving to that. Ha! You’ve got book-writing on your plate, too!

3. kat September 1, 2022 / 12:42 pm

Oh, I’m not sure I should get so much credit, but I’m glad I could offer some inspiration! Your schedule sounds so much better than mine. But I’m really glad to see you back and can’t wait to read your posts again. Who knows, I might need to borrow your schedule. I thought I’d have more time when my kids went back to school, but I’ve apparently decided to fill my time volunteering at their school and taking care of allergic children who get sent home because of COVID rules. Wish I had some encouragement or life secrets, but I don’t even know what I’m doing anymore.

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 3:15 pm

That’s pretty much life, I think. I try to get organized and one of my kids gets sick (multiplied by six!!). I’m trying to convince myself of a new life philosophy that home life is the most important.

I really do think of you a lot when I’m trying to work out a system! 🙂

4. Doug Jacquier September 1, 2022 / 12:57 pm

Let me be the first to welcome you back to the Land of Scribble, Chel. It’s been too long. The universe has been all akilter in the absence of Terrible Poetry. And here’s your life secret, from Spike Milligan: “A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree.”

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 3:17 pm

Ha ha! I do need to sit under more trees. You always have the most perfect, eclectic information to share!

5. TanGental September 1, 2022 / 1:18 pm

Nice to have you back… hope all the bits that make up your life are moving like well oiled clockwork… or at least moving..

6. obbverse September 1, 2022 / 1:27 pm

She’s back, all refreshed, rejuvenated and revived and rarin’ to go! Who needs sleep, it just takes up time out of the day! Up an’ at ’em!
    How’s that for obscenely OTT positivity, Chel???? Seriously, welcome back, pace yourself if need be.

7. Nope, Not Pam September 1, 2022 / 2:08 pm

Hey Chelsea, great to see you. Only suggestion is the great scheduler. I do most of my blogs on the weekend and let them do their thing. Take it easy and try to get some rest. 😊

8. Gr8BigFun September 1, 2022 / 6:32 pm

Welcome back Chel. Nice to see you back. Hope you had a great summer.

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 8:49 pm

Thanks, Greg! It’s been a good break. How was your summer?

• Gr8BigFun September 2, 2022 / 10:30 am

Summer was busy, lots to do around the house and to entertain the little guy. Back to school Tuesday means I get a break. Lol

• Chel Owens September 2, 2022 / 1:34 pm

Hence, why *I’m* only back now. Thank goodness for school.

9. CarolCooks2 September 1, 2022 / 7:54 pm

The best-laid plans of mice and men but welcome back as a kindred soul who had 6 kids…I admire you as there was no way I could have even would have blogged back then…x

• Chel Owens September 1, 2022 / 9:11 pm

I do doubt my sanity. Didn’t you work a job as well?

• CarolCooks2 September 1, 2022 / 9:23 pm

I did indeed Chel…Full time,,luckily I have a good husband who also worked but helped if he hadn’t I wouldn’t have been able to do it…Plus the kids all had their jobs they wanted pets they looked after them…But it didn’t do them any harm 🙂

10. petespringerauthor September 1, 2022 / 11:34 pm

What? You were gone? I hadn’t noticed. Just kidding, Chel. Nice to have you back. Any boys with mustaches yet?

• Chel Owens September 2, 2022 / 7:52 am

(Don’t tell, but one is on the cusp and is rather proud of his facial ‘hair’.)

• petespringerauthor September 2, 2022 / 9:27 am

Eventually, he’ll be my age and just happy to have any hair.😊

11. Denny K September 2, 2022 / 3:13 am

Forget the shorter days and falling leaves. Chel is back, it must be autumn. Great to hear from you again.

• Chel Owens September 2, 2022 / 7:52 am

😄 That made me picture that I’m falling like the leaves. … then I smack the ground. Whump!

12. M September 2, 2022 / 7:52 pm

Aww so happy to see you back even if it is every other month

13. D. Wallace Peach September 3, 2022 / 8:51 am

I like your schedule. That sounds manageable. I’ve tried to go down to once a week, but it’s hard to maintain (and right now it’s out the window). Every other month is a great idea. Welcome back!

• Chel Owens September 3, 2022 / 12:57 pm

We’ll try it. I may resort to posting when I’ve time … so, once a year?

• D. Wallace Peach September 3, 2022 / 2:05 pm

I don’t think “rules” about when and how often to post are helpful. Who needs that pressure? This is supposed to be fun, so do what works for you.