First, you gotta write some blog posts. On a blog. Here are your rules to follow:
- Be hot. Seriously.
- Have a site that’s EASY TO READ.
- Keep it short. Keep it simple. Use easy words in easy formats.
- Be entertaining. You know, like with jokes or sarcasm. Or, just throw in cat gifs.
- Include pictures. Or cat gifs.
- Write with a good mix of informative and anecdotal. <—That, right there, was not easy words.
- Publish something every day. Cat gifs count.
Then, you gotta fish for followers:
- Be hot.
- Find new bloggers and Like, Comment, and Follow. Reading is optional.
- Search for similar blogs and Like, Comment, and Follow.
- Reply to every.single.comment on your posts.
- Enter contests; answer writing prompts.
- Respond to other entrants in those contests and prompts. Not sure what to say? -Pretty sure you can leave them cats.
As a Bonus: don’t fall for The Big Ones as a newbie. I’m talking Christian Mihai-types. But, those are a great place to pick up new
suckers bloggers those guys have tricked into following them…
©2022 Chel Owens
I was going to do a ‘last week I posted this’ breakdown, but the most important thing is the Terrible Poetry Contest. Deadline’s tomorrow, so randomly generate some text and format it poetically.