19 thoughts on “

1. Tippy Gnu November 6, 2022 / 2:02 pm

But instead we usually give ourself a kick in the pants. So never wear boots when you’re upset with yourself.

2. Richmond Road November 7, 2022 / 2:10 am

“The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough of is love.”
    ― Henry Miller

3. Ian Kay November 7, 2022 / 3:22 am

These posts make me concerned, are you okay? I hope so.

On a side note, I follow this youtube channel on qigong meditation and the guy demonstrates acupressure exercises by massage and body tapping – is there sound science behind this, I don’t know – and towards the end, he always advises his audience to “be grateful to our lungs, our kidneys, and all our internal organs….and smile; keep breathing and be grateful to be alive!”

And I think, when am I ever grateful to my internal organs? The either let me down badly or I totally ignore them. I think I show more gratitude to my car when it starts up in the cold mornings.

Anyway, I’m sending my spleen a thank you card, even though I’m not really sure what it does. Thank you spleen! And thank you pancreas, and little pituitary gland, and all the other silent organs doing their bit. And smile. 🙂

• Chel Owens November 7, 2022 / 11:28 pm

Thank you, Ian. I’m on hold. In limbo. Maybe we all are until retirement.

Your idea made me laugh, not just at the idea of posting a note to your spleen -but also because you reminded me I’ve no appendix. I thought, ‘How can I thank my appendix; it’s been taken from me!’

• Ian Kay November 8, 2022 / 3:31 am

It’s gone to a better place, to be with all the other disowned appendices. Maybe a “wish you were here” card?

4. Gr8BigFun November 7, 2022 / 7:36 am

Reminds me of a lyric from Dallas Green and the Canadian Alt Rock band Alexisonfire.

“It’s easier to love someone else
    Than it is to be kind to yourself”