42 thoughts on “Friday Photo

1. Ian Kay November 11, 2022 / 10:08 am

It’s all the blame of the packaging. Put it in a plain grey box and the kids won’t want it.

I remember our school PT coach telling us it’s healthier to eat the box than eat what’s inside (it was kellogs cornflakes). He was ahead of his time. 😁

• Chel Owens November 11, 2022 / 3:28 pm

Well, sure. They are pretty labels, and pretty full of sugar.

Isn’t it Roald Dahl who said breakfast cereal was pencil shavings? Both ahead of their time…

• Ian Kay November 12, 2022 / 5:14 am

Give them an egg for breakfast instead. Draw an amusing face on it first. 🙂

2. mymindlessdrivel November 11, 2022 / 10:17 am

Sadly, cereal has long been a sugar bomb – it just wasn’t quite so blatant originally.

• Chel Owens November 11, 2022 / 3:31 pm

Well, maybe the insulin-producers will be happy. :/

3. tnkerr November 11, 2022 / 10:33 am

Need a quick “Pick-me-up?” Head on over to the breakfast aisle.

4. Bruce Goodman November 11, 2022 / 10:35 am

Chocolate for breakfast followed by a fatty sausage has my vote! (Reverse the order for dinner).

• Chel Owens November 11, 2022 / 6:21 pm

I haven’t even looked at the candy bars. :/

5. Doug Jacquier November 11, 2022 / 11:28 am

Show me a boy child who hasn’t added sugar to Sugar Frosties and I’ll show you a pantywaist. 😉

6. Nope, Not Pam November 11, 2022 / 12:03 pm

Type 2 maybe, Type 1 is more related to genetics

7. obbverse November 11, 2022 / 1:02 pm

And for those concerned with a green sustainable environment, now with extra natural brown sugar! Plus extra sucrose!! Re-refined and reconstituted!!! One bowl guaranteed to speed up hyperactivity!!!! (colouringsflavourandchocolatesubstitutesmaybeaddedmaycontainnutsglutenand enoughcaloriestofeedanelephant)

• Chel Owens November 11, 2022 / 6:26 pm

😀 😀 Exactly. I wonder why they don’t hire you to the marketing department.

• obbverse November 11, 2022 / 6:46 pm

I’m open to all well remunerated offers. Now if they just sweetened the deal…

8. Jason Frels November 11, 2022 / 3:16 pm

As someone who grew up on Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms, I am outraged at this!

• Chel Owens November 11, 2022 / 8:56 pm

No! *runs to Google* ha ha! I’d forgotten. It’s really funny to read the Wikipedia page, detailing the creators and their relationships.

9. Geo. Raymond November 11, 2022 / 9:27 pm

I try to limit the number of pop culture things in my home, but I do have all seven Freakies toys on my bookshelf. The result of me eating way too many boxes of cereal back in 1974. And they all rest right next to my other childhood obsession, little W.C. Fritos pencil erasers. Some things are just too hard for me to part with.

10. Matt November 12, 2022 / 4:00 pm

Really ? Back in my day in the 70’s and 80’s cereal was nothing but 100% sugar with a toy inside the box.

11. Matt November 13, 2022 / 6:53 am

Dippin Dots is ridiculous, unless each box contains some freeze dried ice cream, don’t market yoursrlf as such

• Chel Owens November 13, 2022 / 9:27 am

I wondered that! Why buy ice cream cereal if it doesn’t have it?

• Matt November 13, 2022 / 3:51 pm

Yeah really, lamest cereal tie in ever made

12. bookshelfbattle November 13, 2022 / 10:03 am

Louis CK has a rant about how our bodies were really only designed for us to eat like a little bit of lettuce here and there and maybe occasionally we hunt a wild boar and get some meat but that’s it. Then God comes down and is like why are you idiots putting bacon and chocolate on everything?

Obligatory disclaimer I don’t approve of Louis’ perversions.

• Chel Owens November 13, 2022 / 10:13 am

HA ha… disclaimer noted. God did tell His chosen people to avoid bacon, so there may be some truth to this idea.