Thanksgiving

I sit, on the eve of my favorite holiday, wondering what to write.

Instead of capitulating and catapulting into a lengthy life story, I’ll retire slightly earlier. I’ll give you the same opportunity. After all, the focus of a holiday should be on what brings you true joy.

Happy Thanksgiving. I wish you well, whether you celebrate or not.

Photo by Craig Adderley on Pexels.com

At least eat something delicious. You deserve it.

—–

Last week, I wrote:
Wednesday, November 16: “Expert Parent, in the making.” We can’t all know what diapers are for.

Friday, November 18: Friday Photo. Holy mackerel.

Saturday, November 19: “A Poem on Living.” It’s a bittersweet one.

Sunday, November 20: Quote by G. K. Chesterton.

Monday, November 21: Talked about the LDS temples, and temple recommends.

Tuesday, November 22: Answered Carrot Ranch’s prompt with “Speak to Me Only With Thine Dementia.” For the record, I’m not fond of the title.

Wednesday, November 23: Today.

©2022 Chel Owens

35 thoughts on “Thanksgiving

1. Nope, Not Pam November 24, 2022 / 12:05 am

Have a good one Chelsea 😊

2. Ian Kay November 24, 2022 / 2:52 am

We don’t do that one here, but we should. Give thanks to food, it’s going up in price and there’ll be less of it in future.

Have a happy holiday! 🙂

• Ian Kay November 24, 2022 / 9:14 am

True, Matt, too much of it is junk already. I fear it’ll only get worse. Bring back the hunter-gatherer!

• Matt November 24, 2022 / 9:20 am

Oh man, i dislike guns, don’t havea green thumb and suck at fishing. God help me if thats the case

• Ian Kay November 24, 2022 / 10:44 am

Perhaps chopping wood and fetching water is the job for you. It’s quite Zen, I’m told.

3. Matt November 24, 2022 / 8:12 am

With Jess working half day and us having no invitations, I am slow cooking BBQ Ribs, making Jack & Smoked Cheddar Sun dried tomato Mac & Cheese, a salad and blueberry pie (bought) for dessert. The pie is as such because I don’t like anything pumpkin and apple is my least favorite fruit pie. Have a swell Thanksgiving Chel.

4. Gr8BigFun November 25, 2022 / 12:40 pm

Thanksgiving up here was last month and my waist line is still complaining! Hope you had a great day.

• Chel Owens November 25, 2022 / 1:47 pm

That’s nice to have it a bit further away from Christmas. My waistline doesn’t recover from the holidays till March….

5. bookshelfbattle November 26, 2022 / 6:31 am

Controversial take – Thanksgiving and Christmas are the same holidays except one has food and one has food and presents. In fact, the Illuminati have conspired to have us be of good cheer on Thanksgiving so we open our wallets to start buying all the gifts we will give on Christmas, thus funding their plans for global conquest.

• Chel Owens November 26, 2022 / 8:16 am

I’ll buy it.

Honestly, my unpopular take is that Christmas is completely a commercial enterprise. We’re all gleefully heading out to spend money on every person we know… 💰 💰

• Chel Owens November 26, 2022 / 3:34 pm

It’s the sort of holiday that should spread, unlike Commercialism Christmas.