Howdy, writers! It’s officially time to crack your keyboarding knuckles, sharpen your leather-bound journal’s nibs, and dust of that ole thinking cap.
Don’t you dare tell me you don’t enter contests. You’re entering this one! Why?
- This is for Sue Vincent. She’s an amazing person, fantastic writer, and supportive blogger. The woman’s fighting cancer and has been the carer for her son for years. Whether you wish to donate or not (it’s voluntary), you can support this and/or tell others about it.
- You can win prizes!! The first place grand prize is $100 and the five runners-up will “each receive one paperback from Sue Vincent’s collection of published books (those who live in a region where the paperback is unavailable may receive an e-book instead).”
- It’s great writing practice.
- There’s nothing to lose.
- It’s fun!
- The Carrot Ranch is a wonderful community.
So, work on 99 words of a story or 99 syllables of a poem. You can do it. I believe in you.
Have I convinced you? Just follow THIS LINK RIGHT HERE to enter, officially. Each person is allowed two entries. And, here are some more numbered items to keep in mind:
- DO NOT PUBLISH TO YOUR BLOG. After you submit it all official-like, keep your entry locked up in a box under your bed with your spare socks and bikinis until the winners are announced.
- Follow the word or syllable counts. You don’t want to be discounted on a technicality.
- Tell all your friends! Tell your enemies! Tell your frenemies!
Seriously. Just DO IT.