Many thanks to Peregrine Arc for this here Liebster Award.
In answer to her questions:
- Why is blogging called blogging? Why isn’t it called ejournaling or something similar, you know?
*Ahem* It’s a portmanteau of “web” and “log.” In the old days, before you young’uns even had a microwave death trap for yer food or a cellular cancer ray fer yer textin’, a person who wrote online kept a web log.
I blame the rising generation, George Orwell, and the Germans for the term.
- If you ever actually came across a ghost (yours to invent) what would your honest reaction be, as far as you can tell? 👻
That’s easy! I’d scream like a banshee (also a ghostly apparition) and run away.
- If an animal talked to you, would you respond back? Or would you run to the nearest neurologist? What’s the animal and what did it say to you?
Assuming an animal spoke English to me, I believe it would be like Gary Larson’s Far Side of the dog translator: a bunch of mutts saying, “Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!” I wouldn’t tell the neurologist anything; they charge way too much. And, dog is the first animal I thought of.
- You’re on stage, accepting your dream award. What’s the award and what did you do to deserve it? Who do you remember to thank in your speech? And, here’s the kicker: is there anyone you blow the whistle on? This is your chance now to start some change…
I am so boring. I don’t even know of any awards besides the movie ones and that Nobel thing. I’d really just want to be extremely rich and famous, but for the best reasons. So; no, I wouldn’t be blowing any whistles -except on those idiots who don’t know how to use a roundabout.
- What do you think should be done about me-monsters? You know, those people who just rattle on about themselves at dinner parties until you bend your fork into a boomerang so the investigators can’t find the murder weapon?
A boomerang fork is highly inventive! I’d go with that, or a laryngitis-shooting secret ring.
- If you could have one book unpublished (as in never published and removed from time) what would it be and why?
I would unpublish every single serial book that is crap (and all the movies, too). Yes, that counts as one.
PK Adams. Writes about running, religion, and life.
Bruce. The best at writing bad endings for his characters; recently taken to composing songs and sharing them.
Roberta Writes. She lives in South Africa and writes some creepy (and good) stuff.
John L. Malone. John’s about quick punches, short stories, and the nonsense that makes them.
Michael B. Fishman. Michael is funny, and a fantastic terrible poet.
Nominees, here are your questions if you wish to answer them:
- Would you rather sleep in on Sunday, and would a cat sitting on your face change that answer?
- Given an infinite number of monkeys and typewriters, how soon before they realize typewriters are outdated and they’ll need to learn sign language?
- What is the best paper airplane design?
- Who would win in a duel: chocolate volcano cake or bananas foster?
- If you could choose one magical power, what powers would everyone else have?
According to P’Arc:
What is the Liebster Prize?
“The Liebster Prize is an award that exists only on the Internet and is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers. The first case of the award goes back to 2011. Liebester in German means sweet, kind, kind, dear, charming, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. It really is an excellent way to meet other bloggers and gain more visibility in the community.”
Use the links below to follow the rules and find the submission page: