“You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you.”
“Failure is success in progress.”
“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
-Winston Churchill -though, actually, probably from an advertisement in the 1920’s.
“The barrier between success is not something which exists in the real world: it is composed purely and simply of doubts about ability.”
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Success is only meaningful -and enjoyable- if it feels like your own.”
-Michelle Obama, Oregon State University Commencement Address (June 2012).
If success causes happiness, then every employee who gets a promotion, every student who receives an acceptance letter, everyone who has ever accomplished a goal of any kind should be happy.
But with each victory, our goalposts of success keep getting pushed further and further out, so that happiness gets pushed over the horizon.
Shawn Achor, Introduction to The Happiness Advantage
“I make this all the time for corporate events. Everyone asks me for a copy of the recipe.”
1 Decade of wasted effort
20 Queries to friends
5 Self-help books, or more, to taste
6 Counselling sessions
42 Inspirational quotes
1. Set your life to 360º.
2. In a large bowl, add the first five ingredients until piecey and coarse. Stir until Tendinitis and/or Depression force you to stop.
3. Pour wasted effort/quotes mix into prepared online post, adding personal details so that friends may comment inauthoritatively. Pretend to feel justified.
4. Sit without improvement for 3 months.
5. Find yourself through a healthier medium; by finally, actually, simply concluding that you really are the key to your own success.
6. Remove fermented, molding mass from internet and dispose of properly.
7. Serve, and enjoy!